Ninja CREAMi 7-Program Ice Cream Maker

Ninja CREAMi 7-Program Ice Cream Maker

2 Likes

I love this machine. I can make healthy ice cream out of just fruit, protein drinks, etc. my favorite kitchen appliance!

5 Likes

I :heart: ice cream. I like it simple with plain vanilla to chocolate chip cookie dough and also cream cheesiest red velvet ice cream. Enjoying a bowl of this flavor of ice cream is nothing short of hesvenly bliss on earth.

2 Likes

We bought one on here the refurb was not the best machine looked like it was well used and even had remnants of ice cream on it.

2 Likes

Did you contact Woot? Because I’m hoping this isn’t common. I wanted to order one of these.

But do you make it in one of these machines?

I bought one on the refurb sale not that long ago. I have only made a dozen or so pints but all have turned out really good (except for the coffee sorbet). Although there are hundreds of recipes, they all follow the same basic formula. Once you have the proper ratios; you can make ice cream out of anything.

I would definitely buy it again.

6 Likes

Like others, I also purchased this refurbished from woot months ago. The recipes are simple to follow and come out deliciously. However, be prepared for this unit to sound as loud as a chainsaw when in operation.

For recipes and everything else you want to know, go to https://qr.ninjakitchen.com/creami?qr=1.

For those who have used this to make ice cream, do you use cream cheese that is in the recipes or is there a substitute you’ve preferred?

4 Likes

We got our new Ninja Creami at another store. We really love this machine! I had been using a Cuisinart machine with the frozen bowl. I rarely used it because it was a chore. Now, with the Ninja, we have fresh ice cream and sorbet nearly every day. Our favorites are a simple chocolate ice cream and a pineapple sorbet, but I’ve tried many recipes. The ones using cream cheese work fine, but I’ve found that using coconut cream and oat milk as the “base” makes the best ice cream. 3/4 cup coconut cream, 1/3 cup sugar, 1 tsp. vanilla, 2 tbsp cocoa, 1 cup oat milk. Freeze 24 hours, run on ice cream setting. Perfection! Leave out the cocoa for just vanilla. If you want “full dairy” just replace the coconut cream with real cream and the oat milk with whole milk. For the pineapple sorbet, just drain a can of pineapple chunks in light syrup (save the syrup!!!), put the chunks into the Ninja container. Pour in the syrup until at the fill line. Freeze, run on Sorbet setting. Perfection!

5 Likes

Have cusinart as well don’t use it for very same reason. It shouldn’t be a chore. Really looking to possibly upset the wife using her counter space by buying this.

3 Likes

I bought this on the last sale. Mine was properly factory cleaned (no remnants of prior usage noticed). The only thing to be aware of is that - at least mine - didn’t come with the recipe booklet that comes with new models. The specs here don’t mention it either, so I’m assuming that’s standard. The booklet is available on Ninja’s website in PDF form though, so don’t feel like you need to only blindly search the internet or your local bookstore. You can still do that, but the booklet is a great way to get started. So far I’ve made the pineapple sorbet (from a can of pineapple) and a blueberry sorbet (from a can of blueberry pie filling).

I too have a Cuisinart bowl ice cream maker, and I don’t find it to be a chore. It’s just different. It makes about a half-gallon of ice cream, whereas the Ninja makes a pint. After prep, the Cuisinart takes about 30 minutes + refreeze, the Ninja takes 3-5. When I want a lot of the same ice cream (usually coffee) or want it the same day, I’ll use the Cuisinart. If I just want a small batch and can plan ahead, the Creami is simpler.

NOTE: Some people plan further ahead than I do and buy extra pint canisters and premix their ice cream base, so whenever they want a tasty treat, they just open their freezer door and spin. I don’t eat sweet treats quite that often, so that method of planning isn’t for me, but it’s a great way to make the best use of the Creami’s speed.

Creami Recipe Booklet

6 Likes

Also have this, and just to note even though the sale says it comes with two pints, so far it sounds like everyone has received three. One comes installed in the machine and additional two pints in a separate holder.

FWIW, for comparison the current Costco 7-Program Creami bundle comes with three pints and multicolored lids for $189.99. I have seen it on sale for $169.99 (previous grey-lid bundle), but not at the moment.

2 Likes

The Creami is basically a scaled down consumer version of a Pacojet which has been in the commercial food area for many years. Very similar in concept, but no direct relation as far as I can tell.

Pacojet Alternative? Ninja CREAMi Overview - Sizzle and Sear.

5 Likes

Got one from a previous woot sale, refurb was clean and would buy again, the pineapple can recipe (that’s it) is enough to justify a purchase!

3 Likes

I recommend dissolvable labels. Right now I have pints of vanilla and “pina coloda” (virgin) in the freezer which look identical. Bought the labels after I lost track of which pint was what. :slight_smile:

Edit - Or use permanent marker to number the pints and/or lids.

1 Like

Links to all of the earlier discussions, as well as additional recipes:

2 Likes

Hi I did not contact woot because they say they sell refurbs so what will they do ? However the refurb we received I am not sure you could say was the best.

The machine does work - we seem to put endless pineapples through it.

But I would be prepared to a do a thorough cleaning yourself on arrival….

Maybe I should add

Since the machine looked so worn - well the one we got - maybe it is worth sending back if anyone else does get one that way -
I just don’t know if you can.

If it’s a store return and already well worn - Costco takes stuff back a year later I guess - well who knows how worn out the parts are you cannot see.

It did have 3 pint containers and they looked new.

If ever you’re unhappy with something bought from us, please PLEASE reach out to our Customer Service. They can help you with some options such as return for refund or replacement.

1 Like

Hi there - I am a little surprised but Woot did reach out. Just now. So they must read these ha ha.

Anyway the machine does do what it says and we put pineapple in it raw you don’t need canned in syrup if you find nice soft sweet
Pineapples no more sugar is needed comes out as perfect sorbet with two full spins.

Thanks.

3 Likes