Peltier Station Lodi Petite Sirah Three-Pack

Why is grade B more to your palate? (feel free to answer at the 'pub!)

I live three hours from Fresno, and I would still pay twenty bucks to ship it!!

When we had the Noceto on here, shipping was twenty bucks and I live thirty minutes from the winery! Shipping wine is not cheap and for me, that is why Woot is such a good deal. Sure I am close to the wineries, but who has time to visit every week?? And with gas prices the way they are, it would probably cost more to drive there anyway…

Precious seconds of fame… in for three:

Current numbers (updated each minute):

First sucker: shh64
Speed to first woot: 0m 6.047s

Last wooter to woot: BobboinAVL

I’ve said this several times, but I think it bears repeating. Others can tell me to shut up if they would like.

With woot, not only do you get a decent deal on the wine, but you also get a week of discussion, one on one, with the wine makers. You can ask any questions you like, and normally you get all kinds of insight into the wine, the winemaking process, the ideas and thoughts of the winemakers. No where else that I know of can you really get this kind of glimpse into the particular wine, and what the wine maker is trying to achieve.

So if you save 5 bucks buying it locally, so what? The value, to me, is what you are getting in the wine, and the information. You aren’t going to get that at the local liquor store.

That’s just me.

no seriously, never ventured into this varietal of wine. Money is spend on cab/pinot. I don’t have any intention on buying this particular wine per-se, just I see everyone so hyped up about PS and I’m curious what all the hype is about.

amicablebitch? uglybastard? why, mr. bastard, methinks you’ve found your soulmate-in-name! :tongue:

this is true, iam in for three. they are cool to take out and show off to all your friends at the dinner party.

I just hope that i can keep them closed untill then…i do not want to share.

I might go in for this after I read the rat reviews, but I’ve got to go on the record now as saying that label is a bad omen for me. I usually wake up in a strange place with my pockets turned out when I drink stuff that has a picture of a train on it.

If it were true…

k. i’ll bite: how do you determine if money should be spent on PS (or any other varietal other than CS & PN for that matter) w/out trying it at least once?

This is a good one to start with. Hard to find on the east coast, and despite the low price, this is decidedly NOT entry-level in terms of quality. I wouldn’t call this top-end like the Turley, Foley, or Switchback Ridge, but this is certainly a cut or three above the Concannon limited release, Bogle, Foppiano, Parducci, etc. entry levels that most places carry.

Even if you don’t like it, you’ll probably know somebody who will. PS as a variety is big tannins, lots of acidity, and good fruit, usually dark red to blue/black. Plums are also frequent, and with the right kind and amount oak, (like Rosenblum Heritage Clones), you can get some really nice Baileys/Cappuccino flavors as well.

For me, the draw is really the tannins. I can’t get enough of 'em, and most PS has plenty to spare. Which is one reason it goes so well with big roasts, grills, and bbqs. Oh, and have a spare toothbrush, because PS stains your teeth like no other non-teinturier I’ve seen. Grosse Syrah doesn’t come close.

But like I said, it’s a wine that almost always needs to be decanted.

I’m in… still aching for that first labrat

that wuz teh funneh!!!

(i say screw the new woot filter!!!)

Hi all!

It doesn’t show as such, but grammie is the last wooter(for 3)! This is a great buy, I’m all out of PS, I haven’t bought in a while, we just got back from our 2 yr old grandson’s b’day party…hmmmm, what other rationale can I use? Whatever works, right?!

Loweeel, someone in heaven was working overtime for you this week. :slight_smile:

G’night and have a great week everyone.
Grammie

Oh, truly! What a happy coincidence to have this the same weekend as the Chicago tasting! Check out the name of the CyberPub – clearly, somebody is showing appreciation where it’s due :slight_smile:

Heh, i was gonna buy the Foley PS today when i mailed in my Claret order, too bad they’ve been sold out for awhile =(. I figure they were a good place to start.

I thik i’ll go down to the local wine store in a few weeks and see if i can get a bottle of something, i just don’t like buying 3 of anything that i’ve never tried before.

I had something several months ago, I forget what, that left my tongue and teeth the most beautiful blue I have ever seen. I was thinking of painting my walls that color. I went to Lowe’s, but they wouldn’t put my tongue in the color matching machine. Something to do with liability. Could this have been PS?

Petite Sirah is the Anti-Pinot. I can always tell when I’ve had a good one because when I brush my teeth later that night the water runs purple. I’m GUESSING this one will be more on the dusty/gravely side (vs. something out of Paso Robles that just shovels fruit down your gullet).

If it wasn’t a teinturier (i.e., a grape with the pigments in the flesh as well as the skin, which makes pigmented juice even without skin contact, which are pretty rare, typically alicante bouschet, petite bouschet, pinot teinturier and not too many others), then it was probably PS if I had to guess. Could be something else though :slight_smile:

http://s3-external-1.amazonaws.com/wootsaleimages/Peltier_Station_Lodi_Petite_Sirah_Three-Pack5e0Thumbnail.jpg

Current numbers (updated each minute):

First sucker: shh64
Speed to first woot: 0m 6.047s

Last wooter to woot: conroo

I’m IN!!!
Fell in love with PS when I was La’Brat for the Kent Rasmussen.