Peltier Station Lodi Petite Sirah Three-Pack

Fucking hilarious!!! Now, I will definitely have to make a NoVa Tasting!

Seriously though, you’ve had these Loweeel? How do they compare to the Kent Rasmussens that were wooted a while back? How about the cheapie grocery store Bogle version? Those are the only 2 PSs I’ve tried.

… I’m defriending you on facebook.

I haven’t had these in particular, but I’ve heard REALLY good things about them. They’re just not available in my area. Reading the description and seeing blueberry, my favorite palate-pleaser, makes me even more ecstatic, as do the cellartracker reviews of “dark and brooding”.

I don’t know if this NECESSARILY has the tannins to lay down for decades, but I’m sure we’ll find out soon from the winemaker.

Hey I justs did a 1 minute google search and found a lower price. Seems like everyone is so busy in a buying frenzy no one is even bothering to do any research. If someone lives in Fresco, Ca they can pick up this wine cheaper at this store, no shipping charges. Perhaps if you do some more research online you’ll find a better deal I don’t know. Not saying this deal is no good, but you should do some research before jumping in like that. That’s all.

I’m in. Haven’t wine wooted too much lately, but here is one I’ve actually had before.

Back when Kent Rasmussen was peddling his PSs here on wine woot, many of the good folks here on this board recommended alternatives for those like me who had not had one before. Then I found this at Pacific Ranch market in Orange Ca while looking for Bogle. I got both and enjoyed both. This was a little more than the Bogle, but when I returned to the market a few weeks later, they had sold out of the Peltier Station and as far as I can tell have not had it since.

Edit - PS, also have ordered and enjoyed the KRs every bit as much!
From what I remember, it contributed to my instant love for Petite Sirah - big fruit and big tannins, though the specifics are a bit fuzzy - this was over a year ago.

If you love big reds, this one is excellent at this price point, IMHO.

funny that. i wrote what i wrote to make a point. but as i hit ‘post’ the possibilities dawned on me… but, no, PS-nutty though i be, 24 bottles of the same PS (assuming no sellout) would be a bit much!

unless, of course, the 2002 KR PS is in da house. :slight_smile:

And folks – I cannot stress this enough – DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT TRYING THIS WINE WITHOUT AT LEAST AN HOUR OF BREATHING TIME.

Proper breathing involves pouring out about a glass or half a glass in order to expose the full bottle-width surface area (as opposed to the neck surface area).

Of course, it’s much easier to use a nice decanter, because young PS – and this is an '05 – NEEDS TO AERATE.

… and if that doesn’t get me labratted, I give up (or will give up a kidney). Hey, if rpm and SB can get special knowledge labrattage, TMR and I have a shot! :slight_smile: Oh man, this would be the perfect prelude to the PS fest in Chicago…

No. We did the research. You only started it. As I said, not only is the price you quoted at the site you linked HIGHER per bottle ($13.99 is not $13, and it’s more than the 13.33 that these bottles are), the shipping is MUCH higher too.

Most of the google search prices do not include shipping, and you have to click through quite a bit to get that info.

Your are correct. However, you have to consider the shipping costs. Woot only charges five bucks and you are not going to find that anywhere. Between the winery and Woot, someone is taking a major hit in the shipping department (as they do every week). This is an outstanding PS and even though the bottle price is close to “good deals” elsewhere, the shipping puts it in a league of its own.

Can’t wait to get this wine… My sister has no internet I sent her a 3 pack last week of Wellington 2003 Cuveé R Syrah 3-Pack she cried she said it was the absolute best wine she has ever had in her life!!! she drank all 3 bottles by herself hiding it from her husband and best friend. Stating they would not appreciate the full flavor… Little known to me she was a lab rat also on that pack but was so into the other 3 bottles she was unable to give a report… other than it was “exquisite”
and “she will never be the same again” as this wine has ruined her for all others.

uh ohes… i have 4 possible slots left in my wine rack. Tomorrow i am buying 6 bottles of Herzog wine for Passover and other kosher meals due to the great kosher wine sales AND BevMo is doing their buy one get one for 5 cents deal right now. I already have 10 bottles in my shopping cart. Then wine woot has to go and offer 3 bottles totally in my price point to my list of wine to buy. What on earth am I going to do with 19 bottles of wine and 4 wine slots? Ack!

Say what? * I *live in Chicago.

/heading off to search the World of Woot Wine boards…

I live in Chicago, so please enlighten me about the PS fest.

At a loss for words.

Oh this is SO awesome, I really like petite syrah, AND my wine cabinet is pretty much EMPTY ( I have the corison, the montinore reserve, and thats IT) so I’ve been really desperate to restock. I did buy some of those whites from two weeks ago for afternoons with the girls (Who mostly prefer whites, weirdos) but they aren’t here yet.

Also also also, this is the first time I’ve ever ordered in time for labratting.
swishes tail madly I usually ship stuff to my mom’s house so she can sign for it, I have no idea how the rest of you get your wine though. I just know I’d spend days chasing down delivery people.

peace, brother, peace. if you will allow, i will tell you why i believe that your rationale doesn’t apply to most of us, certainly those of us living outside of Cali. cool?

i have tried what you have suggested every single wine.woot for the last nine months, and i have NEVER (as in not once) been able to find a lower all-in cost than at wine.woot, even for the wines that i can find locally in Chicago (on which i have to pay close to 10% sales tax). that may not hold true for you in Cali, but i will admit that if i lived in Cali, i’d pay the extra $1 per bottle to get this offering shipped to my door, but that’s just me. so thank you for your concern, but as far as I’M concerned, i’ve done extensive research on the subject matter (at least nine months worth). but, of course, YMMV.

Same here - what is the deal?

here is where all of you should look.

NOTE: if you are interested in joining us, please post as much in that forum, but please be forewarned that we are already running dangerously close to capacity so no PROMISES until our host can confirm. capice?

‘twould kind of be like me scoffing at a food.wine.woot deal on Grade A (tho’ I prefer B) Pure Vermont Maple Syrup because I can go down to the local Farmer’s Market and pick it up for the same price. Good luck getting the same deal in Texas, Florida, or California. :slight_smile:

(speaking of which, WineDavid, VermontSyrup.woot.com?)