Periodic Table of Scientists

Shirtwooters! do love their periodic tables. And yes, I do want to look up the ones I don’t recognize at first read.

I would absolutely love this as a giant poster.

I would love a poster too! I’d put it in my office.

However, what I am REALLy waiting for is a histogram of distribution of statisticians!

I only ‘got’ one of the jokes in the write up. I don’t think I get to sit at this table.

I feel smarter already.

I’m amazed at how many names I do recognize.

I never really thought about where the name came from, but we have a Euclid Ave. After doing a little research, I find Euclid of Alexandria was the Father of Geometry.

And I agree; this would be much more appropriate on a large poster. I can see people wanting to stop and read my shirt.

Sigh. Everywhere I go periodic tables are out of date.

Missing: Mt(109), Ds(110), Rg(111), Cn(112), Fl(114), Lv(116)

Unlike ununtrium(113), some of these are even named after people.

Where is sheldonium and sheldon’s name? since he just discovered that element.

I love a clever alternate periodic table design as much as the next nerd, but I really don’t know why so many of these designs print on t-shirts. These are really bad designs for t-shirts. Far too busy and they print relatively small on the shirt “canvas” so they’re hard to read.

Even for guys, who lack that awkwardness of people staring at their chest region, I think these sort of small text busy designs make poor shirts. Woot should round up their periodic table designs and do posters.

Still bravo to the artist for matching up the table with the scientist’s names so well. It is a great design.

I’m very sad… Though I’ve seen a bunch of Periodic Table of Something-or-other shirts before, this is probably the coolest. Or it would be, if it didn’t misspell some easy ones like Celsius (Celcius) or Orsted (Osrted). In the immortal words of Mrs. Puff, “Why, Spongebob… WHY?” If I wore a shirt with blatantly misspelled scientists on it, I would be shamed in front of my colleagues - or at least the ones who are geeky enough to notice. I learned that one when I bought the 2008 “leap year” shirt that calculated the number of days in a year at 365.25 when it really rounds to 365.24.

Boy, this is nerdy even by Woot! standards!

Nice job on a lot of lesser-known scientists! I’ll have to look up half of them…

Unfortunately I see a couple of typos… “\Osrted” instead of “\Orsted”, and “Medeleev” instead of “Mendeleev”. I was thinking about getting it, but the typos bother me too much as a detail-oriented guy.

This would make a fantastic wall scroll.

Not so much a t-shirt, but a wall scroll? Heck yeah.

That depends on what you’re basing the measurement on. An Anomalistic Year and the Sidereal Year in the year 2000 would both round to 365.26 days. A Calendar Year and a Tropical Year in recent times would both round to 365.24 days. If you average these, you could figure 365.25 gets you close to both worlds.

I agree that this would make a great poster (with typos corrected, of course), but I’d also love to see it on a zip hoodie.

Misspelling Mendeleev’s name on his table is double l-a-m-e. Squared.

I’m a teacher, and I think the typos can be used to see if my students are paying attention to details. Maybe an extra-credit assignment.

That being said, gotta get Mendeleev right!

Add Cavandish to the list