Philips 22” 720p LCD HDTV

I just wanna say that it’s nice to see Jimmy Pardo on television.

Did you get the one that I returned?
Had the same problem, but Phillips sent me another one after one phone call. The new replacement refurb works great!!

Seems kind of small for a TV…
…So, would this be good for just using an a monitor??? or are there better choices?

If you are very quiet, you can Hear my 70" set Snickering.

The last Philips that I purchased on here lasted less than 6 months. It just stopped powering on. I’m not very fond of Philips these days.

It’s actually comforting to hear about the button problems. I’ve been worried about refurb LCDs, figuring stores with good return policies would accept a dead pixel return that the mfg would consider “within policy” and ship out with fresh tape on the box.

I’m allergic to dead pixels.

From the manual pg4.
“black dots or bright points of light
(red, green or blue) may appear constantly on the screen. … and is not a malfunction.”

What is Woot’s policy?

Crap, I added this discusion, now I feel naughty… dang it!!!

No ATSC tuner # fail. Many local 22" close to this price

I wanna buy this just because Jimmy is on the tv!!!

I have a feeling woot! and their distributor are using us as free technicians. Someone got the bright idea to unload a warehouse full of returns by boxing them up, selling them to desperate wooters!, and then letting them call back with their report of what’s defective with the TV. The return shipping ends up being cheaper than staffing their own Techs to deal with hundreds of returns.

I have found that you can often fix these type of issues by simply powering down the monitor/tv (by itself only) and powering it back on. It recognizes the connection better then.

RumbleJ You might want to read the description again.

“ATSC & QAM tuner receives over the air and unscrambled cable”

It has an ATSC tuner.

I LOVE that the image on the TV is of Jimmy Pardo from the best and funniest podcast on the planet! Please someone tell me how that happened!

Well, there’s this thing called a camera…

;D

I bought one a month or so ago from WM, new for the same price. Not a bad little set if you need one for a small room. I doubt you’d be disappointed for the use this TV was intended for.

My daughter opted for a 36" flat screen in her dorm room… whether or not its a strain on the eyes, her and her roomate are THE room to be in on 2nd floor. Wii parties, chick flicks, you name it. :slight_smile:

Have one of these in my home office. Plenty of inputs, great picture, quick boot-up, not an energy hog. I’d say go for it. Their refurbished stuff is always like new.

Ours nearly caught fire , after several weeks of making high pitched squeals that made it uncomfortable to even be in the same room when the TV was on. Terrible terrible quality. Square trade won’t buy you a new house if a Phillips refurb burns your house down. Phillips can choke on my money for all I care.

I won’t ever buy Phillips anything again, and I probably won’t ever buy a refurb TV again.

This would be perfect for the in-laws. I’m building a barebone PC for them, and they don’t need something big and all high resolutiony and stuff. Only thing is I’m here only til next Friday and I’m not sure if this Woot would get here by then…

Grabbed one last time… the thing barely works. Most of the time it won’t turn on unless you unplug it for 5-30 minutes.
The unit I received looked like something you’d get at a garage sale. Scuffed up badly, twist ties on the wires, etc., I don’t think it was refurbished at all.