Philips 32” 720p LCD HDTV

Wootalyzer’s Pricing Post! - The price of today’s woot item is saved here for future reference

Philips 32" 720p LCD HDTV
$179.99 + $5 Standard Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

DISCLAIMER Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

This seems like a good deal. Anyone confirm?

Yep. I’ll confirm that. A very good deal.

The vaguely black & white (non-color for all the youngsters out there) screen image is an interesting choice. I can’t remember the last time I saw an actual black & white television.

Bought this back on 5/8/2011. Wootoff. $240. Still working great. No complaints.

31 and a half viewing inches of living color in what many noobs will soon be claiming is virtually unwatchable 720p HD resolution. For under 2 c-notes? One hella deal. Hint: on a screen this size they can’t tell any difference between 720 and 1080. And neither can you.

Amazon has it for $262. Pretty good review.

http://www.amazon.com/Philips-32PFL3506-F7-32-Inch-Black/dp/B004SP0EY0

Too bad it’s not 1920 x 1080. I want to use it as a computer monitor also.

Noobs? Cool. I likes them poultry guys!

I lost interest as soon as I saw “Phillips”. I’ve had too many disappointments with stuff that had that name on it.

You should be fine with this then because it’s Philips, not Phillips. :tongue:

Has been on several woot-offs and woots, but this is the last woot, with lots of comments and at $179.99 tonight, this is $50 less it looks like than price several times this year:
http://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=4790409

That’s all I can do tonight, back to work. Good night.

For 179 bucks, WTF are you expecting? This is a good little bedroom TV for the money, PERIOD.

Of course I’m gonna spend more for for a 1080p but AGAIN, for $179 WTF are you expecting?

Good for you… because Sony, Ford, Onkyo or any other company in the owrld has never, ever made a mistake… get real, it’s $180…

Can I use this as a computer monitor? Is there a VGA port?

No

No VGA, yes monitor:
“With PC input you can use your TV as a PC monitor via a HDMI-DVI cable/converter (not included)”

Like TT said, “Phillips” is screwdrivers. "Philips is electronics. (Yes, most electronic stuff uses Phillips screws, even Philips stuff.)

On another note Amazon just sent me a link to THIS sale. Is Amazon affiliated with Woot!?

(That was a rhetorical, “joke” question!)

steve

That is what my 27 inch Samsung TV/Monitor is. (T27A300)

Best TV/Monitor I’ve seen. The room is AMAZING! (My desk is too small!) I’ve got my net browser link on both sides of the screen, so I don’t have to move the mouse so much.

Was $300, last Christmas, at Costco.

TV reception is also GREAT! (When I watch TV.)

steve

Can you use just an HTMI cable (not HTMI/DVI cable) for computer monitor?