Philips Noise Canceling Headphones

pricing for future reference

product(s):1 Philips SHN110/07 Noise Canceling Headphones
condition: New

$14.99 + $5 shipping

yowsers… nice woot to start off the week… i feel the holiday shopping piling up… and here’s useful linkage w/ CSE links… they’re usually reasonably useful…

Own a pair. Does not cancel out the noise. I put them on and can still hear the kids.

Interested. How good can they be for fifteen bucks? Are they really Noise Canceling??

look kinda nice but why so cheap?

Er… is it just me, or is it impossible to find info on these headphones on the internet (well, Google, anyway…)?

Seems like they would be good for traveling but how are they for gaming?

Need headphones.

How do they feel on the head after long periods? How do they sound? How good is the noise cancellation? How durable are they? Are they prone to wear after several uses? Can I read people’s minds with them?

Thanks.

I have Bose Noise Canceling Headphones and they are great. I don’t know if these will be any good but based upon looks I would not be willing to wear them for 10 hours at a time like I do with my Bose. Just saying they look cheap and will probably work well but might not be the best decision if you want a long term product.

I had Philips in-ear noise canceling phones and I have to say that the canceling did very little canceling and did a whole lot of generating white noise. They were good phones standalone, but the NC unit was not very good at all.

I paid $60+ for these at Best Buy a couple of months ago. Not bad at all on a plane or in a area where there is a lot of ambient noise. Great buy.

How good are these inside an airplane? That’s all I’m interested in.

This is $35 at Wal-Mart.

it’s a good price but how’s the quality?

Well, it’s quite impossible to actually cancel most noise. These headphones will do OK with airplane engine rumble and other simple, low frequency sounds.

The real problem with these headphones is that they bake the wearer’s ear canals.

I own a pair of these headphones. ?Sound-wise, they are fairly nice but lack bass. Noise canceling works to an extent, but they are nowhere near top of the line. My only complaint is that my left ear gets sore after a few hours, but then again, I may just have weird ears.

Not a bad woot for the price.

Froogle
http://www.google.com/products?btnG=Search+Products&q=Philips+USA+HN110+Foldable+Noise+Canceling+Headphones
Good Buy

Froogled

seems like a good deal. I’ll sleep on it.

I’ve had a pair of these for a couple of years, and I love 'em.

However, one of the foam ear pieces started falling off, but I was able to get it back on.