Will this still work after the analog signals die?
Since it isnt digital.
Work with any PC?
haha love the headline. got the shirt!
You really don’t want to watch analog TV on this thing. Why bother? It does HD. Watching analog TV on this Stick is like sitting in Monday morning 880 traffic with a tricked out G35. You need to take this thing all the way to full HD.
[QUOTE=waitingforjune, post:16, topic:131671]
Anyone know if this works with Ubuntu? I bought the Viore HDTV Wizard Tuner from here a while back, and I was disappointed to find that it didn’t work with Ubuntu (and it didn’t work on my Windows XP laptop for some reason either).
[/quote]
I want to know the same thing
DO NOT BUY!
This item is a piece of junk and Pinnacle makes horrible software. I bought this item on woot when it was offered earlier and the software is so slow and laggy, even on a decent machine, that it makes the TV watching unbearable. I actually decided to use the antenna from this gadget as an actual TV antenna when I just got too frustrated with the item itself.
Pinnacle always makes bloated software that makes any system slow to a crawl. Dont waste your money on this.
In for one.
Gee - I wonder if this qualifies for the government $40 rebate on ATSC tuners?
eh not interested. i may not need a tv and cable if i were to buy this but i already have tv and cable… good night woot
do i have to have a CB handle like “rubber ducky” in order to use this thing?
If you use this on a MAC, just download the EYETV software. I think you can get the demo for free or register the full version. It works great on my IMAC24
is this like watching TV on your laptop?
[QUOTE=diskxcore, post:21, topic:131671]
Will this still work after the analog signals die?
Since it isnt digital.
[/quote]
But it is.
I have one of these and love it!!!
Half what I paid!
how’s the quality of the antenna? forgive this idiot question, but do you have to have a vid card capable of high def, or does this do the conversion for you?
OK, so I am dumb, so I can ask a dumb question:
is there any laptop tuner I can get that I can stick into my cable line that is a QAM tuner (i.e. I can get Comcast’s HD channels on their basic service, and not have to get a box or upgrade to their digital pooh)?
may you be blessed with many many children.
dude… this is totally worth it cuase of the Dishy batteries!!!
this wouldnt work a plane right? hd receivers are picky and need to be pointed towards the local tower i thinl.
[QUOTE=minktheshrink, post:29, topic:131671]
eh not interested. i may not need a tv and cable if i were to buy this but i already have tv and cable… good night woot
[/quote]
I bought one the last time woot had it. My first-ever woot actually. Used it once. Now its collecting dust. =(
[QUOTE=bakntime, post:17, topic:131671]
Can you plug a cable into this and decode unencrypted QAM?
[/quote]
No you can’t. I have one.
There is a newer model that supports clear QAM, this one is only good for terrestrial HD broadcasts really.