Pinnacle PCTV HD Pro Stick

[QUOTE=digitalmonkeyman, post:9, topic:131671]
This records direct to DVD. All I can say is SWEET!
[/quote]

FYI you might want to do some research, because when I got this last week it came only with the Eyetv lite software, which is really limited. The upgrade does let you burn, but it’s fifty bucks.

[QUOTE=spanky, post:28, topic:131671]
Gee - I wonder if this qualifies for the government $40 rebate on ATSC tuners?
[/quote]
I haven’t checked the “official” list of tuners that the rebate is good for, but I can say with 99.9% certainty that no, the rebate will not good for this item.

[QUOTE=mikedashg, post:7, topic:131671]
anyone know if I HAVE the Pinnacle HD TV stick Mac Software will this hardware work on the Mac?
[/quote]

This will work with a Mac as long as you have the software. I got one from woot a while back and it is the woot edition of the pinnacle. Works great.

will this work in my basement?

Got it on woot. Massively good deal. Works great.

[QUOTE=82Tercel, post:19, topic:131671]
Anyone know if this will work with a 2.4 Ghz Celeron?
[/quote]

My experience with the Mac (woot branded one I borrowed) is you need a core 2 chip to do full HD without dropping frames. It will run on slower systems but the frame rate will suffer on HD. The processor spec on the website sez Core2 or Pentium D (I think it was, that multimedia one) for HD. I can attest that it drops frames on a 1.5Ghz G4.

From what it looks like it is the same hardware as the woot labeled one that sold here.

It should work with EyeTV for the Mac.

Oh and In for one

I have one of these, WOW at $39.99 what a great deal !! I’m very tempted to buy another one!!

can you connect an xbox 360 to this? does it have composite I mean?

[QUOTE=dinoswilldie13, post:41, topic:131671]
FYI you might want to do some research, because when I got this last week it came only with the Eyetv lite software, which is really limited. The upgrade does let you burn, but it’s fifty bucks.
[/quote]

You can use it with beyond tv and record to DVD.

[QUOTE=Mutiny34, post:26, topic:131671]
DO NOT BUY!

This item is a piece of junk and Pinnacle makes horrible software.
[/quote]

Got a PC with Media Center? Use that instead. Much better interface - the one thing Microsoft did right. I use the Pinnacle SW on my old laptop, but MCE on my desktop.

Must this be used only on a laptop/notebook ?

okay guys

works with MEDIA CENTER on VISTA ULTIMATE 4 SURE

NO ORB SUPPORT THOUGH

[QUOTE=shangtz, post:44, topic:131671]
will this work in my basement?
[/quote]

Nope - not with the included antenna. You’d need a roof top antenna connection. Just use common sense when setting up rabbit ears - or ear in this case.

Good deal, as long as you like your computer running like crap as the pinnacle software kills your computers resources… and then it likes to make the whole screen go to a blue screen channel… when you get there it becomes interactive TV as you have to restart your computer

No QAM? no way…

Pardon my ignorance…

But I may be the only American NEVER to watch TV. But a close friend wants me to add the capability…

… and she’ll watch "programs’

… while the ONLY TV that interests me is College Basketball/March Madness. Will this little gem bring either or both of those?

Thanks…

build your own HDTV antenna from Clothes Hangers.

Works great, I suggest using metal twist ties and duct tape to fasten the pieces together, worked better for me. I pick up more gain with this anntenna than an amplified phillips hdtv antenna.

USA Today Tech Review.

Has potential for portability if only my notebook’s battery lasted longer than a Bag O’ Crap sale!

oh well, my old pc & laptop wont handle this hardware :frowning:

[QUOTE=ladakn, post:52, topic:131671]
okay guys

works with MEDIA CENTER on VISTA ULTIMATE 4 SURE

NO ORB SUPPORT THOUGH
[/quote]

That’s good news for me, since I’m gonna be upgrading to vista ultimate hopefully tomorrow.

[QUOTE=liammc, post:51, topic:131671]
Must this be used only on a laptop/notebook ?
[/quote]

no you can plug it into any pc just like any other usb device can be plugged into any pc