Polaroid 7" or 8" Android Tablet

Lot’s of comments from when this was offered in June.

**Item: **Polaroid 7" or 8" Android Tablet
Price: $49.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard OR $9 Two-Day OR $12 One-Day
Condition: Refurbished

[Search Amazon](http://www.amazon.com/s/?field-keywords=Polaroid 7" or 8" Android Tablet)

[Search Google](Polaroid - Google Shopping 7" or 8" Android Tablet)

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
6/27/2013 - $59.99-79.99 - 56 comment(s)

Some additional info and some good reviews (3.5 out of 5.0) over at the product page

[youtube=iuHROANa7Qw][/youtube]

The quality of this device is similar to the quality of the review…terrible!

The main problem is you have to wait 90 seconds for the picture to appear.

[youtube=M5BA9rrrcrs][/youtube]

I think if I was dying to have a cheapo android tablet I would find one of the 7inch lenovo’s; same processor but has 1024 x 600 resolution. You can find the lenovos around $75 nowadays.

Just curious as to why the image of the tablets show a windows screen.

Or is this some proprietary Polaroid Android port?

It’s not Windows. It’s Android with boxes. Freaked us out when we first saw it too! :slight_smile:

I wouldn’t buy one of these for my 2yr old.
I got excited at first glance thinking it was going to be an inexpensive Windows tablet… Ah, I’ll stick with my iPad

I will NEVER buy a Polaroid product again. I bought one of their tablets (not these but a different kind). The thing didn’t work out of the box. We had to re-install the operating system ourselves to get it to work, to find out the sound didn’t work. Made numerous attempts to reach tech support, they were no help. They said it would need to be sent back for repairs but never sent me the label to send it back. After research I found that lots of people were having issues with Polaroid tablets. Lesson learned. Polaroid has lost my business.

Never, ever buy a Polaroid product.

Polaroid doesn’t actually make anything.

They rent their brand name to no-name companies who sell nothing but crap. You will find no lower quality in this universe than something marked ‘Polaroid’.

The one I got in June was the first thing I ever returned to Woot! and that’s all I’m going to say about that.

Bought the 7" for my 2 year old only because she was constantly taking over my tablet. That tablet had android 2.1 which I upgraded to 4.0. It worked better with 2.1 so I went back. Bottom line…while I didn’t expect much from this tablet it does the job. My daughter can play her games, music and movies while I can now use my tablet in peace. Most importantly, she has been using it for 8 mos. now and it still works fine.

If the price seems too good to be true…

I’ve come to think of Polaroid and Sylvania as drug store electronics brands. We go to the drug store to get prescriptions filled - thankfully a rare event in our household.

This crap is beneath Woot’s reputation.

After reading the factoids in the comments, I think I’ll avoid this polaroid android. Or maybe I’m being paranoid.

Is it possible that this tablet has Google Play Store access even though it mentions it nowhere? Well, nowhere, I could see it, anyway.

I like mine.
I start by remembering the great price
and balancing the one downside [browsing]
vs.
the good:
nice ebook reader
fine media player [movies look great on 7" when they’re propped up on a pillow next to you].

For a website that’s famous for selling ‘bags of crap’ that is definitely saying something…