pricing for future reference

Price comparator post ! - Is this a good deal ? Let’s see ! :slight_smile:

New Razer HP-1 Barracuda Gaming Headphones, for $59.99 + $5 shipping
Product: 1x Razer HP-1 Barracuda Gaming Headphones

To access the price comparator links, click here
And to compare with Froogle, Amazon and eBay, click here

http://lucy.cykian.net/wts/pic0.pnghttp://lucy.cykian.net/wts/pic1.jpg

50hz? Not 20?

Have these and the sound card, they are amazing together.

Got these with their matching sound card a few cycles ago when Woot sold these off. I may need to buy a replacement set due to cable damage from my running over the cable with my chair, because I’m a klutz like that. But I’ll have to think about it- these headphones give the music an extreme treble lift, and aggressive equalizer use is required to get any sort of decent bass out of it. The surround effect is negligible; the “center” channel does sound like it’s in front, but its speakers are so small it sounds like your center speaker is from an original Game Boy.

The Everglides they sold a bit ago, of which I bought two pair? I should have bought three pairs. They’re much, much better, even with the Razer card (how I frequently use it, in fact)- especially when it’s informed it’s working with headphones instead of speakers. They give me better sound location than the multi-driver earpieces here do, with infinitely better sound quality and equalization. (If they come up again, I’m buying three more, despite having already gotten two.)

The card, however, is excellent; it’s nearly as good as my Creative Labs X-Fi XtremeAudio for sound quality, except with drivers that don’t suck. (Not to say they’re glitch-free, mind you.) “Drivers that don’t suck” are actually a huge priority for me, relative to the dreck that Creative Labs tries to call “software”- unlike the Creative card, your system volume control will actually adjust the volume for all the channels, not just the left and right channels. (If you’re wondering: no, there isn’t any way around this bug in Creative’s drivers for XP.)

So: Pass on the headphones. They’re worse than their competitors when you aren’t using the Razer card, and also worse then their competitors when you are using the (much, much more highly recommended) Razer card.

sound seems to be the theme of thursday’s woots! except of course wine.woot

7.1 on CNET… pretty good.

and it goes just about perfectly with the woot. So cute.

AWESOME! I bought the soundcard a while back, just bought the Razer mouse… I was hoping this thing would be on woot! Now I just need a keyboard! :stuck_out_tongue:

If only the output on the guy’s head in the “Decalibrated” shirt was a dvi port, I’d say we’d have a trifecta.

matching woot and shirt.woot. weird.

Is this a good price for these?

I’ve had a pair of these headphones for a few months, picked them up on woot in late 07. I just want to comment that they sound fantastic, especially given that they’re 5.1 headphones. They provide very good overall sound quality with exceptionally rich bass, especially when paired with a decent 5.1 or better sound card. I’ve used mine with an X-Fi XtremeMusic, and they’re great.

Also want to add that razer support is FANTASTIC. I’ve had nothing but great customer support from them over the years, including getting these headphones RMA’d when a wire shorted out/disconnected inside the headset itself (I blame the soldering). No issues, no hassle, they were very fast and helpful.

I’m buying a 2nd pair for a gift, and also grabbing the soundcard at woot to try it out. $50 is what it takes to fill up a tank of gas, so Im ok with letting it go to for that soundcard!

In for one, got the Razer keyboard, got the mouse coming from woot and i got the sound card the last time it was on woot.

In for Uno, my crappy headphones have been begging to be thrown away for months.
Good price, good reviews. Not going for the sound card though, sorry wootstaff.

I got those and hate them (anyone wants mine? I still got the box!)
Unless your ears are flat against your head - please don’t waste your money on these. Cushion size is not enough, so my ears rub against speakers housing platic, that is covered by thing material. I can’t wear them for more than an hour, and I am continiously concious of these headphones while I am wearing them.

When plugged in to the Razer soundcard, does it still pass an audio feed out to the SPDIF line? Or do you need to detach the headphones to hear sound on your speakers?

In for one.

Got a razer mouse my last woot which I’m really happy with. Hope these turn out just as well.

Edit: What the hell, In for one Razer Soundcard too. Now all I’m missing is a keyboard eh?

From the description:
“Ze true gamer learns to love ze sensation of sweaty earlobes, just as he does ze pungent odeur of his cherie’s unwashed body.” (Greatest. Line. Ever.)

In for one, for my sweetie pie gamer boy…Ordered him the Razer soundcard today, too. What a wonderful girlfriend I am. :wink: