RCA Dual Wattage Foreign Voltage Adapter

Most electronic devices now-a-days have 100-220 volt power pucks (built in transformer) that also handle both 50 and 60 Hz, so in most cases you’ll just need a plug converter. Check the charging device on your camera and camcorder (or computer, etc…) and look for what voltages it can handle. Most likely you’re good. Not too sure about the ipod, my iphone uses a USB style charger.

If there isn’t any voltage info, use the transformer.

Maybe they want to meet some of the great poker players on facebook. There’s only like 5 million of them.

THANK YOU (!!) for serving our country. You make it safer for the rest of us. :slight_smile:

Ask at the reception desk of the hotel or motel you are staying at,they
will let you use one for free.

I had one of these and it started to melt a little because I left it plugged in too long, however I have bought another one because it does get the job done under limited use. Generally it’s always a good idea not to leave these kind of things unattended.

I am 99% sure I understand your response, but need to be 100% because the item is useless to me for gift-giving if I am mistaken.
Can this product be used for 110V items plugged into a 220V outlet?
Thanks!

Lololol
Listen up guys, the ones who are advising to buy in the country you are visiting.
A person from China prefers to buy this in the U.S. :slight_smile:

Daughter is headed to Europe with her high school band this next summer. In for one!

Crap…ive used it before. the adapter piece is WAY too heavy, so i had to prop it up with something to keep it from falling out of the outlet.

Yes, this should convert from 220V to 110V for most travel items. Note though, there is no 3-pronged adapter for laptops and the like. That’s pretty standard in a package like this.

We already have one of these, but I’m in for a couple more as the extra weight of carrying around two makes up for the time wasted waiting for a phone or camera to charge.

I picked up one of these just to cover my bases. I already have a 50w voltage converter (220/110) for my trip the the Philippines next year.
The problem is that the plugs there are the same as they are in the US (though I don’t think they are polarized) it’s just they are running 220v.
The voltage converter I bought (Radio Shack #273-1401) has 2 round pins instead of blades like a standard US plug. So I need something to adapt the converter back to standard 2 blade plugs. The guy at Radio Shack couldn’t quite fathom that one and after some shopping around I simply became saddened by the overall lack of knowledge on this subject by retail staff.

What are you talking about ? Turkey is freakin awesome. Best place to travel if you like going to Europe, Croatia is a close second.

Not to burst your bubble, but that was the Ottoman Empire, there was no Turkey or Turkish government at the time, so it has nothing to do with them. And Germany and Russia are the most shameful countries in the past hundred years, 20 Million Ukrainians and 6 Million Jews, Poles and Gypsies killed… Shame shame shame, read your history books!!

and no, i’m not a Turk.

how can you use this with anything that has a 3rd ground prong? It looks to me like it only has the flat slots…is there another adapter for that?

WAIT, DONT ANSWER THAT, FOUND A COUPLE POSTS ABOVE : )

That’s what it’s for my man. What did you think a “RCA Dual Wattage Foreign Voltage Adapter” was supposed to do? Make pasta?

Does this work with a Mac?

“I flipped out, man. I remember smashing the plug against the outlet in vain over and over, yelling at it to “SPEAK ENGLISH, DAMMIT” until I was in tears.”

I can’t stop laughing at that description.

DOES anyone know if this can make pasta? I prefer linguine with alfredo sauce, but I’ll take what I can get…so, I guess that just leaves me with a Voltage Adapter then, eh? Bummer…

The straightener probably require a lot more than 50W since it has an active heating element after all. A good rule of thumb to use is never plug anything that has a heating element into a power adapter since they will suck a lot more current that you can imagine. (an iron, an electric toaster, a toaster, a waffle maker, a curling iron, a deep frier, etc.) If you must use your straightener, buy the ones that can adapt to either 110V or 220V without the use of a power converter. Another option is to buy a power adapter that will go to at least 200W. You probably can’t get it for $5 though.

Woot gods i am just windering what has been taking so long for you all to ship out something that i ordered to weeks ago. If you come tell my. Please and Thank you much.