RCA Jet 1GB Sport Media Player with FM Tuner

Don’t mean to reveal myself for the techno-tard that I am, but if I record a radio show on this thing in MP3, can I then move said MP3 file from “The Sport” into iTunes on (not Mac) computer?

what is ogg vibros? dose this thing come with a charger? or an adapter to plug into the usb port???

I believe the manual states that the files recorded from radio will be .wav types but those are importable in itunes and you should not have a problem.

Does your real name happen to be Richard Stallman? :stuck_out_tongue:

Does this play AAC? The manual says nothing about it

Thank you for your prompt reply. Yes, I guess I’m in for at least one. Woot should pay you. :wink:

I bought one, $35 here in Canada. They have REALLY shoddy firmware – it’ll shuffle songs even when shuffle is off, with no way to fix it.

It’s built just fine, you could drop-kick it and it would survive – jump on it even.

Battery life is poor, often only 5-10 hours, and mine would drain the battery just sitting around, similar to old ni-cads. After I got fed up with it, I actually popped mine open to see whether it was really was a Li-Ion battery, and it is, so it could be I had a bad cell.

I recommend avoiding this one – even $13 is a little much.

How about file formats? WMA, MP3…AAC??

they have radios at the dollar store.

mp3 / WMA® / WMDRM-10 / Audible®

Those are confirmed on the website:
http://www.rcaaudiovideo.com/product.aspx?product=124&post=6

If it doesn’t play AACs, you can just convert them to mp3 in itunes.

For this price, seems like a good option for the gym or out walking, etc. If it breaks, or is lost, no big crisis.

The spec sheet states that it records FM radio to .mp3 files:
http://www.rcajet.com/pdf/S2001_SS.pdf

EDIT: The same line also says you can transfer it to your computer for personal use.

Agreed … just paid $20 for a pair of name-brand water-resistant ear-wraparound headphones. Even if these only last 3 months each, I’ll consider it a great deal to have 3 pairs for a total of $29 … plus MP3 players I can leave in the bike or the car, and no biggie if they fry from extreme cold or vapor.

You can download firmware v1.5 (supposedly solves the issues) from the main website or by following this link:

http://voxrightnow.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1449/session/L3NpZC9DSGpmbURKag==

2nd page of that sheet says:
FM Record Yes (WAV)
manual says wav too. Either way it will get to your computer.

Hmmm…tempting as Christmas stocking stuffers…but after reading all the reviews I think I’ll just wait for the Sansa to come down to under $10 in a woot-off. All the Sansas I’ve had have proved to be reliable and resistant to drops.

Can this player be Rockboxed?

OK - I like your answer even better - so Woot should pay you double! thanks

Do you really get a gift? That is cool…I can’t imagine it being a TV for real :slight_smile:

Anyone know if this will work with Rhapsody?

Thsi seems liek a really great deal for anyone how is a 1 gig kinda person or anyone that just wants a spare mp3 player loaded up and ready to go to toss in the glove box or whatever.

Personally i ( Like the other wooter I saw posting about the RCA Lyra - Love the Lyra,)
This is NOT OLD SCHOOL THOUGH !! here is what pisses me off about this.

it claims 2.0 USB - well the old lyra works with just reg usb - i have never had any troubles with it at all.

Now we have the fancey good looking sporty yellow job here that reports fast usb 2.0. but guess what - No SD card slot of any kind.

no how Poopy is that of them? this thing would be the Freakin bomb with a sd slot. micro or not.

I mean really… who would not buy this for this price if it had a sd card slot?

I Might buy it anyway just to toss in my takle box. LOl but thats beside the point. I might buy another just in case the kids got some plan to snag one of the 200 dollar Ipods to go to camp with - But that’s beside the point as well! Heck at 7.99 I may as well get one for my nighbor and just load up all the old funky 60 year old songs she says she never gets to hear anymore becuase No one remembers.

But all that is beside the point - whats up with the slot that I cant seem to find in any review.

Oh well. I guess I’m in for three becuase they willnot aallow me to buy more than that. i dunno though 28.97 for three Mp3 players.
Hmmm - maybe I should wait for a better deal??? Are You Freaking Crazy??? really??? where else are you going to get 3 mp3 players that other people paid 50 to 79 dollars each for for 28.97 …

damn though… no sd slot… granted… they prolly got ripped off delux at 50.00 each … Hmmm.
yeah at least 3… let’s all get three and see whats up. hell a stocking stuffer for 7.99 what a bargain.

In for 2. You can’t go wrong with $10 a piece (incl shipping). Ability to record fm would be awesome, which it apparently says it does.