RetroConsole w/ 600 Games, 2 Controllers

RetroConsole w/ 600 Games, 2 Controllers

The games are garbage. Nothing about this is Nintendo. Do not buy.

Don’t know why Nintendo doesn’t roll in and shut this shit down

12 Likes

You are 100% correct and a lot of the roms either don’t work, or aren’t real games. Many are just third party rip offs of copyrighted/trademarked games.

People can download this entire collection off torrent websites for free and simply play them on your own PC or LAPTOP especially if you have a recent console that supports USB to the PC as a controller.

These are basically a ripoff of a ripoff.

3 Likes

I bought this back in December: RetroConsole w/ 600 Games, 2 Controllers - #5 by mirrorz

Yes, all the games are walking copyright violations.
I still play it when I head out to our cabin in the woods.

One more addition to my previous review:
Controller cords are relatively short so expect to sit uncomfortably close to your TV.

2 Likes

You mean to tell me that the COOLBABY Familycomputer System isn’t legit?

11 Likes

Woot takes yet another step towards selling it’s soul, wholesale, to Chinese horseshit. Thought Tanga had a corner on inferiority? Funny…how hard the comments are to find, eh? You’d think reviews would/could BUILD a business and their reputation, eh? Not even remotely Candian, ya’ll.

14 Likes

It’s also kind of amusing to me that some of the images shown here have gearbest.com watermarks on them.

Good jorb woot.

12 Likes

Yep. Bought one of these for my son last year. Total garbage.

2 Likes

“600 Childhood Classic TV Video Games”

What games would those be? What system were they originally intended for?

Weird that they wouldn’t say which system they are for!

But guys… these controllers totally have a “Double choice” button and “funtion keys”. As in, they’re a t[i]on of fun! And double choice… why, that’s twice as many choices as single choice. What’s not to love?

What could possibly go wrong?

1 Like

I love to see this thing…Just come here to see all the “flames”. :wink:

4 Likes

3 Likes

It’s meant to be played on a 10" black and white CRT for the full retro experience. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Edit - Nevermind, found my answer. It’s not a platform usable by mere mortals. http://jmp.no/blog/cool-nes-baby

Copyright violations aside, anyone open one of these to see what platform it is? What emulator is it running? Are all the games on a microSD card which could be replaced with completely-and-totally-legit backup images? Or perhaps completely replaced with non-gaming softoware for other purposes? How does it compare with other Pi/Arduino based kits?

Bought 2 for my step kids! Finally, I’ll be the hero.

2 Likes

Buyer beware! The games are garbage and have multiple duplicates the give a total of 600. The console arrived with no power supply and the company demanded pictures showing the system and the contents received. Needless to say I never received a power supply and the system makes a horrible paperweight. Do yourself a favor and stay away from this “deal”

3 Likes

Knowing these are trademark violations, and knowing the roms don’t work properly, and knowing the operating system is plagued with faulty hardware, and knowing that Woot! is only after making a buck n this deal, I still have to ask myself…Why is this continuing to happen?

3 Likes

I’l pass based on reviews and my suspicions

1 Like

Weird that Woot would even sell this piece of garbage. This product is both junk and a blatant rip off. Most of the games do not work, or are rip off clones of the original.

3 Likes

There is no SD card - or anything serviceable at all. The roms and emulator are all on chip and there is no way to add/delete/update or modify