RetroConsole w/ 800 Games, 2 Controllers

RetroConsole w/ 800 Games, 2 Controllers

So what games does it have??!!

1 Like

And why are they 8-bit in the shell of a 16-bit console?

4 Likes

Pretty sure this is the list of games it has.

5 Likes

Isnt that the Soulja console!!??

1 Like

Is it super (hyphen) legal?

This again? This copyright infringement piece of crap? Pretty sure Nintendo would love to hear about an Amazon company supporting the sale of such a device that they still very much fight to protect. I’ll make sure to notify them for you.

9 Likes

Nah. The other times they were selling a device with 600 games. This one has 800.

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

Not just Nintendo; the game manufacturers hold copyrights. Nintendo has the rights to this design, and some games, but 800 games - one has to wonder what recourse they have.

I hate sounding like a parent, but this really is disappointing.

4 Likes

Whhhaaaatttt, you got direct line to Nintendo!? Please don’t tell them about my roms! It’s true not all heroes wear capes!!

I’m the first one to buy stuff like this on eBay, download ROMS and torrents, but to see WOOT endorsing such simply means that Bezos is mitigating his loss due to divorce.

3 Likes

I have this thing called Twitter and they do too. They tend to care about their hardware… Especially when big daddy Amazon is mentioned as well. Heck they might even care about Mario16… Because that’s a real thing. Do you have that ROM by chance?

1 Like

Lol the fact that people are upset about this item being sold on woot is what makes me want to buy it.

6 Likes

My favorite is how they actually used an altered pic of the Super Nintendo Classic, but then the other pictures look completely different and much cheaper.

I’m in for 3, and when they don’t resemble the first picture at all, I’ll just ask for a label to return them since the item doesn’t match the description :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Not only is the first picture NOT of the actual item that you will receive. But when they altered the photo to remove the Nintendo logos from the controllers (to deceive possible buyers), they forgot to remove the logos on the plugs. So it is definitely false advertising, and probably copyright infringement or trademark violation of some sorts, since it wouldn’t be fair use.

4 Likes

Dang! You’ve got some eagle eyes!

Hey Woot,

Not trying to rain on the 8-bit parade here, but the pictures posted are obviously of two different products (first image being the Nintendo product, following images of the product being sold).

The product sold may be awesome on its own, but probably best not to confuse it with the official Nintendo offering.

3 Likes

wow people worry about the silliest things. you think woot hasn’t already vetted this to make sure they aren’t liable in any way? do you think the copyright gestapo are going to come pounding down your door when you power this up? then this probably isn’t the device for you. if you just want a cheap, off-brand, clone video game system your little kids won’t be able to tell the difference from some expensive system, then plunk down your $40 and enjoy.

1 Like

Surprised you would sell something so obviously illegal.

2 Likes

Besides fezzes, you know what’s cool?
A list of games.
A list of games is cool.

1 Like