Roaring Brook Dairy Mozzarella Cheesemaking Kit

All this talk about Provel is making me hungry for Imo’s! Maybe for lunch… mmm.

Go Royals!

Hey…who cut the cheese…offer. Pleeze bring this offer back…pleeze! Otherwise I’m off to the Ohio Amish area.

lol

Yay a quality post! =D

I was laughing too hard at the rest of the description to even read that last little sentance! If that were my child he would be disowned! It is completely against my family rules to become a Cubs fan!

I’m kinda surprised this sold out. Unless you live in a rural area, this is pretty much just a gimmick unless this thermometer is of exceptional quality.

I’ve made mozzarella several times and never bought a kit because instructions are easily found online and all the supplies can be bought at local grocery stores (and at a total price that is both lower than the cost of the kit and is greater quantity).

I think I may need to find a woot-leggger for provel!

And obviously the other miss was Ted Drewes - if only that could make it on here somehow…

Pick me up one of those fake fireplace heaters, while you’re out there!

Well, obviously it’s not meant to be taken literally; it refers to any manufacturers of dairy products.

I’ve made homemade mozz out of milk, rennet and Citric acid for my pizzas. I already made homemade sourdough and sauce so I figured I’d throw the cheese in to the homemade mix.

It’s sort of fun, but it’s alot of thermometer watching over an hour or so. And really rather tedious.

In the end, I thought it was kind of fun, but I wouldn’t do it every time. It tasted just ok and was really time consuming for a relatively small amount of mozz. Fresh mozz is tasty in general, but if you can pick up fresh mozz at a grocer, I’d do that instead any day.

Right there with you. You can blast the Provel (but why would you?) but to become a Cubs fan??? For shame…

Hint for tomorrow or new deal today?

I can’t believe I missed this! I’ve been dying to try making my own mozzarella!! Please make it happen again!

Give it a rest. This is a cheese forum not your Cards soap box forum!

Was this a wine.woot record setting sellout time?

You must be new here. Wootoffs sellout items much faster.

I see Amazon magically has this back in stock, now that Woot is sold out.

Record for a normal non-wootoff item, I guess I should have specified.

As someone born and raised in St. Louis, I agree that it’s blasphamy, but come on…a Cubs fan! I can understand not liking Provel, I love it, but I grew up in St. Louis. But how could anyone from St. Louis become a Cubs fan. I now live in an area full of Cubs fans and it makes me nauseated. A lot more nauseated than Provel cheese on a cracker thin crust could ever make me.

Has anyone gotten a shipping confirmation? I still show the receipt and no shipping.