Samsung Q1 Ultra Mobile PC

but how fast is the boot up time? i would want to use one of these as a big PDA with big features, but dont want to wait 3 to 4 minutes for it to boot up…

this seems like a great device for “in car” computing. Could run a gps, play movies and music etc. Is anyone using it in a vehicle? How is it working for you. I have been on the fence and I think the price needs to be a little lower before I bite. I am tempted though :-0

For less than this, check out the ASUS EEE PC. It comes with Linux, but can run XP pretty smoothly and is about the size of this Samsung

Cut the price in half, and I’ll take 2. :slight_smile:

…if you just want to browse the net/check email, the Nokia N800 is a bargin these days, you can prob find it for under $250 easy, and new, not refurb…

For this price I would hold of and get a N810 <http://europe.nokia.com/A4568578&gt; in like 2 weeks.
I has a kb and gps and is free ofthe MS tax, and now there is a Palm vm for it, so all your palm apps can be run on the Nokia N810 as well.

It’s too much for a refur Q1. $349 would be more appropriate for this thing.

Wow.

I was drooling over this on another site at ~12:30 AM – wake up to it on sellout.woot.

Is G*d trying to tell me something?

Too bad SWMBO screams while the big guy speaks in a still, small voice…

DD

you did?

I did.

does anyone know if you can upgrade the memory??

I wish I could buy a n810 already, I’m tired of waiting!!!

I’ve used my Nokia 770 since the first time woot offered them and I have used it WAY more than I ever thought I would… Daily I use it…

That said, I sold my new laptop yesterday, that I bought just before I bought the 770 tablet, just to get the funds to buy the n810, since I didn’t take my laptop out of the case ever since I owned the 770…

Oh and this Q1 is a huge turd, owned it, hated it, sold it…
Bulky and slow for the price and it has M$ on it, nuff said…

$1000 0n newegg id say this is a very good deal
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834131001

I wonder how many they have… based on the sales on the graph, I’d say they’ve sold 31. Either they are going to be stuck with a bunch or this was close to selling out when they listed them.

Based on what I’ve read else where, yes, up to 2 GB.

I was thinking the same thing. But a lot of people build their own Carputer now for cheaper.

guys ,how to get the track informations for my order ?

3 System Restore Disks (Requires External Optical Drive)?

I bought a Ugo but the engine and wheels were sold seperatly…OMG - PASS!

This is an odd bit of tech, in my opinion. It’s too big to put in your pocket, or even clip to your belt, but the screen is too small for serious computer work. There’s no keyboard, and the hardware is appallingly slow. This seems to me to be half a laptop in every way: half the size and half the hardware (slow, and no CD drive or keyboard).

I can’t see the point in owning this device, when a refurbished laptop with better guts can be had for less.

So, has anyone ordered (and received) this and discovered that it isn’t the correct model ? The specs on the site are for the Q1 and they shipped the Q1B. There is a SIGNIFICANT difference between the 2 models:

No CompactFlash port
Mono (not stereo) speaker
No built-in microphone array
And the most important - it uses a completely different CPU. It uses a VIA processor (much SLOWER) than the Celeron indicated on the website.

I’m waiting for woot to get back to me with an RMA as I’m not accepting this because it doesn’t match the original specs at all…