Samsung 'The Frame' Premium 4K UHD TV

Samsung 'The Frame' Premium 4K UHD TV

I got a 65” 2017 last time, last December I think. It was an impulse buy at the time, but put it up in our Great Room and it’s been Art and TV perfection and even my skeptical wife loved and loves it. We’re sitting here trying to figure out where to put a 43” (and coming up short though–will pass this round).

This TV is way cool folks unless you watch TV 24/7 or have zero interest in art works. Thank you Samsung for making this and continuing now with new 2019 models!

1 Like

Or start attending art shows or visit some galleries and buy some original art that will increase in value while beautifying your home.

1 Like

There was a lot of discussion online about the one connect cables failing. I like the idea of one cable but it is very pricey to replace. I guess you haven’t had any issues with your yet?

I’m pretty sure that historically, most of the great artists have worked in the digital media format. At one point, I think the Sistine chapel ceiling was the largest indoor LED screen in the world.

2 Likes

I have had no problems whatsoever with my 65", and while the set itself was clearly a return from someone (the bezel had some imperfections), the panel and all the accessories, including the One Connect cable, were clearly new and carefully packed in the box. And the panel itself is perfect both cosmetically and pixel-wise; no complaints there! Since the One Connect cable is “simply” a fiber optic cable, I must assume that those who’ve had problems either had a damaged one to begin with, did not handle it carefully on installation, or installed it in such a way that it could be twisted, kinked, or compressed or some such i.e. suffered physical stress. I was certainly worried about handling mine as I put it on the wall–you have got to think-thru things like temporarily taping it out-of-the-way and then using the “sweet 90” appliques where necessary, but I have no doubts now that it’s safely in place that the cable should last forever.

1 Like

Good to hear people had good experiences with this TV. Thanks for sharing your installation successes and tips.

My concern about dropping 1K on a 4K TV is the 90 day warranty.

Is square trade worth getting? Has anybody used them for a warranty claim? Willing to pony up for extra protection if it’s worth it!