Sanyo 52” 120Hz 1080p LCD HDTV

Woot Vodcast is Crazy funny! :slight_smile:

I played 4-square in between classes during med-school. The pic almost makes me want to buy this…almost.

Especially if the stand really makes it 141.6 inches deep (but only adds 5.9 pounds to the weight).

Online Manual
http://us.sanyo.com/dynamic/product/Downloads/DP42-46849-52449%20(331--)-15947801.pdf

Holy crap… that thing would eat the 37" I got a couple woot offs ago

an LCD has to be atleast 240hz to be 3d capable.

No one asked for my $0.02 but i LOVE this deal.

Dont be scared away, examine reviews and make a conscious decision. If I was in the market, I would.

I’d have to agree, 3D isn’t that great right now, and isn’t worth putting the extra money into.

I’ve read on several sites 120hz is the minimum. I’d retract that statement

The dude is on his cel playing four squares, I’d hate to see how he would hit the ball if he was texting

768p, actually.

…although it really means a helluva lot of different things. XVGA is normally (most commonly?) understood to be one of the following:

• 1280×720
  • 1280×768
  • 1280×800
  • 1360×768
  • 1366×768

But, when referring to tv’s, WXGA is generally understood to refer to a resolution of 1366x768, with a 16:9 aspect ratio. (as opposed to 1280x800, when referring to a computer monitor)

Make sure you know the space in the room where you want to put this… I bought a big TV once and it didn’t fit, so I had to bust a wall… then fix it. Wasn’t getting rid of my TV though.

YAY QUALITY POST!! day made

Ever been to Woot!?

This is a good price on a TV that’s discontinued. If you always had this money in your pocket and you were waiting until that non-Sony, Samsung, etc. brand TV went finally came down in price. You’re in luck. This finally came down in price. Of course, it’s discontinued, so you’re not getting today’s TV. But who can keep up? I once had a Sanyo TV and was very happy with it. Had one of the first multi-function Sanyo calculators too, back in the seventies. It was the best!

psshh, only 52” I guess it’ll do for my needs.

Congrats :slight_smile: It’s funny how exciting even silly little recognitions are, isn’t it?

Good call. I changed the specs to what they actually are, which is 14.6" deep.

After reading the description, I came across the word ‘droves’ and found 3 definitions:

1. A heard or flock of animals being driven in a body

2. A large number of people or thing doing or undergoing the same thing

3. A broad chisel for use by stonemasons

… I’m hoping Woot! was referring to definition #2, but if not, they either think their customers are a bunch of animals, or inanimate objects – and if so, I’d be concerned.

For those worrying about the Sanyo brand:

I own a 32 inch or so Sanyo tube TV. This was a Wal-Mart floor model probably about 10 years ago. My brother gave it to me in about 2003. I still have it and am still amazed by the quality of visual and audio output. The only reason I bought a flatscreen was to get hi-def video for the X-box 360. The Sanyo is now in the basement but I still use it from time to time when I’m down there tinkering. This TV got a lot of use and is still kicking. To be honest, the sound quality is better than the Proscan flatscreen we now use in our living room.

Here’s the thing to remember with refurbished products:

There’s a statistic everyone throws around that “20% of electronics fail”. While the number may be off, the rest is certainly true.

However, having a product be sent back and refurbished means that everything but the malfunctioning component is known to work - and that component has been replaced now. Also, it has gone through quality control twice now. In the end, a refurbished product is statistically less likely to fail than a new product. I’m not going to make up a percentage, but there’s my 2 cents.