Scott Harvey Large Format Wines

I used to think a few days was enough, but I think I agree with you. It’s weeks instead of days.

Like Spock said in the Wrath of Kahn, “…hours seem like days.” Waiting three weeks to try a wine is tough sometimes.

I’m a little confused and hoping for a little help. 2011 Inzinerator 3L is more expensive here than Scott’s website which shows it for $100? Where does he $170 price come from?

The 2011 is now a library wine and our sales assistant forgot to change the price to $170. It is now changed. Thanks for the “heads up”

Is the 2010 J&S Barbera (1.5L), which shows no sales, going to show up here?

In for a Jeroboam of '07 Whispering Vines.

First evah Scott Harvey wine for us. Looking forward to it.

We did not bottle any of the 2010 J&S Reserve Barbera. So, there isn’t any.
Why I didn’t bottle any, I don’t remember. Maybe I was drinking to much of it at the time.
Cheers

Thanks for clearing that up. The WW spec listing shows:
•Appellation: Amador County
•Vineyard Sources: All Shenandoah Valley Amador County, 44% Spinetta Vineyard, 24% Manby Vineyard, 16% Vineyard 1869 and 16% Rattlesnake Ridge Vineyard
•Blend: 84% Barbera, 16% Syrah
•Alcohol: 14.5%
•pH: 3.55
•RS: Dry <.2%
•Cases Produced: 2,365 cases
•Cooperage: 18 months in French Oak
•Release Date: July, 2012
This looks pretty interesting. Any recollection what this was meant for?

We were offering so many different large format bottles at one time that the spec sheets got mixed up. Sorry for the confusion.

Yeah, Nice. A cool part of W.W. Thanks Scott.

Isn’t this plus offer a little long in the tooth?

By far the longest delay between order and shipment I’ve ever encountered.

Quick to take the cash though.

Would be neat to see how fast the transaction was made if payment wasn’t made until delivery…

Or use the parent amazon deal where they charge you when it ships.

Well, I got mine last week.
You also have to remember - WD has to wait for the winery to bring the wine to his warehouse. Then he has to pack/label/ship. He also has to keep an eye on the weather and schedule things appropriately. If you’re not on the west coast, he can also only really ship on Mondays so that things don’t sit in a warehouse on the weekend.

For this order, Scott also promised to sign every bottle. And that takes some time.

Just to play devil’s advocate. We shouldn’t have to remember all of this. It should be posted directly in each sale instead of each sale blindly stating that items are currently available and should be shipping in 3-5 days (or whatever the standard language is these days.

The regulars know this. Everyone else does not and it shouldn’t be assumed that they do.

Here in NE Ohio, I assumed, obviously incorrectly, that with all of the recent changes going on here that the new posted shipping period/range was something I could rely on, or at least hang my hat on. Lesson learned.

To rebut a previously made statement, Scott must’ve sold thousands of bottles to yield an additional delay in delivery time due to his signing the bottles. Given my 11 letter last, I’d have to build in at least another couple weeks to accommodate.

Finally, I’ve been around here long enough to have bought Corison at $30 a bottle, enjoyed some of Peter Wellington goodies, and got scary with some Poizins that have years on them, just for kicks, in the cellar.

So save me and other vets the condescending babble about the delivery process.

Keep an eye on the gatherings tab. There are occasional NE Ohio gathers posted, including an annual Scott Harvey wine dinner in Wooster in April which boast a strong wooter turnout and killer after-party.

They will be in Wooster inn on Apr 17,2014! Friday!

I’m aware. I’m not happy that they moved it back to Friday, as Saturday worked out significantly better for most people last year, but I’m sure we will be there again.

Yes! It’s always more fun to share condescending babble in person anyway and this is the perfect opportunity. :slight_smile:

If you’re planning to attend maybe we can work out some additional trades over the winter and swap bottles in Wooster.