:w_box_o_crap: Share your 2024 Craps Here!

I kept two swings. I’d always wanted a swing like that and bought a pricey stand for it from the mother ship. The others were shipped halfway across the country to my daughter’s boyfriend at the time.

A couple of the dog steps went to friends. And the rest went to a local pet charity.

Edited for autocorrect errors

20 Likes

Mine says 3.5 pounds. I was a little disappointed (hey, isn’t that what’s supposed to happen), even though it’s a placeholder. Glad to hear i may get more crap LOL

21 Likes

Mine dropped some weight, was a healthy 6.5 now 6…Must be on a shipping diet

17 Likes

Its not the weight its the pounds of disappointment, 3lbs of great crap or 10 of worthless crap. Thats why we love the crap, ya never know

22 Likes

What does placeholder mean? Thanks!

19 Likes

I believe it means they put a random weight on the label as a placeholder but it doesn’t correspond to the actual weight of the package.

22 Likes

Yep, that’s it exactly. We print all the shipping labels at once. Rather than weigh each box which would take FOREVER, we put a “placeholder” weight in. The weight usually gets updated when UPS scans it for the first time.

26 Likes

Uh-oh. My tracking info says “Label Created” then “On the way” then :warning: Delayed

19 Likes

Wowza…the std placeholder used (for a long time) use 2 b 5 lbs …now it is 3ish…???

19 Likes

Ruh roh… :frowning: :crossed_fingers:

18 Likes

Inflation

19 Likes

@YayOrNay

Also, the word “placeholder” in general is usually referred to use to something that is being used to fill in a gap when the real value isn’t available for one reason or another. It’s something be used to maintain/fill (aka “hold”) the spot (aka “place”) where something else will go. For the shipping discussion, a placeholder weight is a number used to fill the shipping weight field so that it’s not blank, but isn’t necessarily the real weight because that might not be available. So, that fill-in weight is holding the place of of the actual weight on the shipping info while the actual weight isn’t available to fill in.

Another example: pretend you’re responsible for designing a billboard for someone with a quote and a photo. You don’t have the final quote yet or a good quality photo, but you have to outline a design as a baseline. You might wind up with something like this:

Where the dude in the hat isn’t the final photo, and the quoted words aren’t the final quote, but are both used to help space things out for when the final versions are available. In that case, the text “Coming Soon: Inspirational Quote” is a placeholder, and the drawing of the dude in the hat is too. They’re holding the place of something else that will come later.

21 Likes

Mine did too. But it was worth the wait!!! (And mine was over 5 lb…)

19 Likes

Large pair of sweatpants
some cervical USB massager (looks painful)
Sandpaper
Appetizer set
solar bug zapper
and
A Woot Flashlight! (This is the best thing ever) It’s like Peanut butter and Jelly, peas and carrots, and copy and paste! Some things just go together!

47 Likes

Thank you for posting and sharing with everyone. That alone was a brave thing to do. I’d probably go with the stills if I won. It was fun to watch & the excitement was felt just watching your reactions. So happy for you :blush:

20 Likes

@hoobahoo I’m flattered you mentioned my name. I actually just found Woot again last year. I used the same name elsewhere for years. I wonder if we crossed paths on another forum. Regardless you are right about the people here. Very friendly & accepting of everyone. It’s a fun place to be & I feel welcome. I’ll try to stick around for awhile & I hope you do too.

23 Likes

Gifted the comforter set to my newphew and he was very excited. The sweats though they say are XL luckily I pulled out and perhaps they were a kids XL as very small so saved my dad from wondering before I almost gave to him :smiley: He did get the multi tool.

22 Likes

I love how the kitty just sat there for the pic lol.

22 Likes

Congrats to your kid! Whether they’re starting off, finishing up, or somewhere in the middle.

20 Likes

So, what you’re saying basically is, a “placeholder” is something, or someone, that “holds” something, or someone’s “place” until that something, or someone returns from the bathroom?

Is that about right?

22 Likes