Shark UR2500SR AI Ultra Robot Vacuum

Shark UR2500SR AI Ultra Robot Vacuum

I was thinking of trying one, till I was chased by a robotic floor waxer in a warehouse club. It was like maximum overdrive. I swear it was following me. I almost ran into the garage filled with chainsaws

4 Likes

Anyone have direct experience with this model? Literally was talking to the wifey today about getting one with the extra bin.

3 Likes

I have this model, that i bought here on woot. I love mine and handles dog hair better than my previous robo vac. I havent had any issues with mine.

The shark app isn’t the greatest, but it works.

5 Likes

I have this one and love it. My aunt bought 3 after me on Woot! And all 4 are doing great. You won’t regret this model at all!

5 Likes

Anyone know if this can dock with an older base?

2 Likes

I got one of these. Trash… Can’t get it to work because the application keeps crashing as soon as I open it.

2 Likes

Reposting my comments from a previous listing:

Got one from a previous Woot as a replacement for an older model Shark. It definitely has more power, and the mapping feature has worked fine for me.

Like with all Sharks, the biggest drawback is their terrible, terrible app. It’s slow to launch, slow to update status, and seems to only apply half the settings I try to set on the first attempt. As an existing Shark owner, I knew I just had to muscle through the initial setup until I could get the mapping/scheduling completed. After that I’m typically pretty hands-off and just let the vacuum run on schedule. If you’re the type who likes to do things from the app on a regular basis, steer very clear of any Shark products.

Note for existing robot vacuum owners: this model does not recognize magnetic boundry strips. It rolled right over all of the boundries I had set up for my previous Shark. Boundries for this model are controlled strictly via the mapping feature.
Pro Tip: these come with single-brush side brushes, but you can get generic triple-brush replacements that make a ton of difference, especially with larger items like cereal pieces & kibble. Just do a search for “Shark UR2500SR Side Brushes” on the mothership.

7 Likes

I have the 60 day version of this, also refurbished, from Woot! It was like new out of the box and works great. I love it, no issues!

This replaced a Bobsweep robovac that was always getting stuck on or under things and had trouble finding the dock. It was constantly bumping into things and forgetful and couldn’t negotiate obstacles well, and was noisy! :frowning_face:
This however works great and hasn’t had any of those issues. :smile:

3 Likes

I purchased three more today. That brings my total to seven. They’ve all been gifts to family members.

Six are for Christmas gifts. One has been cleaning my mom’s house for several months. It works great!

I previously owned several iRobot Roombas. I was always cleaning hair from the roller bristles. And emptying daily. They were underpowered. I was convinced robotic vacuums would never work well. This Shark works well. It empties itself at the docking station twice per run. I empty the docking bin once every month or so. It is programmed to vacuum daily.

This is a good model. It’s refurbished, but looks good out of the box, works well, and is priced attractively.

4 Likes

Thanks for all the feedback on this unit! Ordered one and my older (and now dead company) Neato gets to go to the basement while this handles main floor.

1 Like

Is this model cat ride-along approved?

giphy

2 Likes

Also pasting previous comment

My standard advice (I have 2 of these from woot): Do NOT accept the map after the first run until you are 100% happy with it. It will have wording that makes it sound like it continues to improve the map after you click “accept” but it will NOT.

3 Likes

Pro Tip: these come with single-brush side brushes, but you can get generic triple-brush replacements that make a ton of difference, especially with larger items like cereal pieces & kibble. Just do a search for “Shark UR2500SR Side Brushes” on the mothership.

Thanks for this!

2 Likes

I’ve thought about getting one. everyone that I know who has one loves it.

1 Like

Can anyone speak to how well this moves over carpet? I saw a video review where the bot got stuck in circles on carpet. I want to upgrade from my old ur1000sr model i bought from here 2 years ago.

blarg. Can’t use Amazon Gift Card money. Blarging Blarg. I’m out.

1 Like

I bought one of these previously on Woot, and it works pretty well on our high tensile carpet. It doesn’t get everything, but does a good job nonetheless. The main issue I have is where the stairs come up to the room it cleans. I think the high carpet fibers make it harder to sense the edge of the stair until it has a wheel hanging over the edge. If you have a rug, short carpet or a flat floor, I doubt this would be a problem.

For android users: you’ll need something with iOS (iphone or iPad) to set it up. Like another commenter noted, the app will continually crash while trying to set it up if you’re using Android (Shark really needs to fix this). Once the shark has been set up, however, you can log in through the Android app and do whatever you need to.

Also, you have to contact Shark support to get firmware updates. There is no way to do this through the app. They have to push the firmware to your specific device - no way to download it with the app and install it yourself.

2 Likes

Delete the app and reinstall it, it worked for me

1 Like

I’ve had one of these since June. I run mine on Max power all the time and it does a good job on carpeted areas as well as hard floors. It cleans on par with my old Neato VX-21 but is quieter and much more reliable returning to the base to recharge.
It’s scheduled to run 3X/week. At first I cleaned the robot’s after each run and the base once a week. Now just once a week for the robot and once every 2-3 weeks for the base. I bought a higher capacity battery to compensate for running it at max, altogether it takes almost 5 hours to clean 900 sqft, 2 hours of cleaning with 3 hours of charging.

The front bumper is not very sensitive so the bot is pretty aggressive with obstacles. The exclusion zones in the app are not working for me no matter how big I make them, so I have had to add some weighted obstacles in a couple of areas. The app is better than no app but that’s about it, I just use it for scheduling and run history.

If you are coming from an older botvac you will probably be satisfied with the price/performance of this machine. Botvac virgins often have unreasonable demands so do your research first.

2 Likes