Shoulder Dolly Moving Straps

Shoulder Dolly Moving Straps

1 Like

5 Likes

Something about being strapped to a large load whilst going down stairs seems like a horrible idea. It seems like you are pretty committed with no way of bailing if things go wrong.

So whatever you are moving must be balanced on a 2 inch strap? No thanks, I’ll pass!

WE own one! Great for that impromptu slack walking demonstration at the local college campus!

1 Like

If you have ever used this and know how they work you would be more than happy to pay double.

3 Likes

Yeah, I’ve seen installers use them. Seem to work.

3 Likes

Yeah that huge smile on her face - just screams: “I cannot wait for this photo shoot to end so I can strangle the idiot to set me up on this job”.

Actually it a 5" strap, but point taken…

We just bought a new washer/dryer and our laundry room is on the second floor of our house, after you go up a set of stairs to our front porch. The installers used these are similar. It definitely made the process look effortless even though one of them was 6 ft tall and the other one was like 5’6" and maybe 130lbs. They walked right up the stairs, including a 90 degree turn, with no problem and barely broke stride. Also took the old ones down the same way.

I’m guessing it takes a bit of practice but definitely easier than trying to do it by hand or on a hand truck.

3 Likes

I bought a set of these before I moved last year. I was able to move very large couches, dressers, and assorted appliances with my 19 year old son who is not at all strong (sorry kid). He’s 6’1 and I’m 5’8 and it was not an issue at all. Without these, it would have been completely impossible. With them, it made it almost laughably easy. I cannot recommend them enough.

2 Likes

If you’re moving a heavy object over flat ground, use a dolly. But if you have to go over rough terrain or stairs, you might find that a product like this is the only way to get the job done. I own and have used this product, and a similar one that goes over your forearms, and this one is vastly superior in nearly every way for super heavy items – I’ve carried a very large refrigerator with it, that might have broken my arms with the other product. Without this tool, that job would have been impossible, as would installing my washer and dryer, in a house built in the 1930s on the side of a hill, with very poor walkway access. A dolly was just out of the question.

Laugh all you like at how silly it looks, this thing does what it claims to do and can make the difference between easily getting the job done yourself, and giving up or hiring someone else to do it.

1 Like

The fanny pack of moving equipment…

I’ll be damned… you can go upstairs.

I used these things several times a day for about a year and a half while delivering appliances for Lowe’s.

These things are AWESOME! They take a bit of getting used to but it’s not hard. You have to make sure your partner and you are on the same page.

I’ve bought two sets since quitting there for using around the house (I gave the first pair to a charity that did a lot of moving things for people in-need of help).

1 Like