Skullcandy Indy True Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds

Skullcandy Indy True Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds

3 Likes

Wait- these are TRUE Wireless Bluetooth- as opposed to those pesky wired Bluetooth earbuds

1 Like

Mmhmm it’s physically impossible to plug a cable into the earbuds.

1 Like

Does anyone know about the value, quality, etc. for these SkullCandy earbuds, beyond their unbelievable technical achievement of implementing NOT only wireless Bluetooth yet also ‘TRUE’ Bluetooth (q.v. @gak0090) but wait…

…there’s more…

…the added feature that the earbuds’ engineering qualify as “Indy” instead of just ‘True Wireless’ Bluetooth.

1 Like

I have a pair and I like them.

3 Likes

Mine work well. There’s a “feature” (I put it in quotes because I think it’s weird) that you can pair a single earbud instead of the pair, but if you’re aware of this then you’re a step ahead.

True wireless Bluetooth is just a way of saying the earpieces are not wire connected to each other, nor are they wire connected to a neck piece, or any style that incorporates wires in the essential functions of use.

I get a few hours before I need to plop them into their case, and I’ve gotten about three charges out of the case before that needs to be charged, so on and off listening for most of a day.

Good sound quality, even from about 10 feet from my computer, which I think is decent for how small these are.

5 Likes

I have a pair it doesn’t work left side Bluetooth

2 Likes

The two earbuds are made to work in a pair (stereo) and only on the right side (mono), depending. Try the steps outlined here to get the left side working:

(Please note: I don’t work for Woot, I just volunteer to help out here on the forums.)

8 Likes

Damned decent of you old chap, to post this info even though you don’t work for Woot
:face_with_monocle::joy:

4 Likes

Bob’s your uncle, pip pip cheerio, old mate, let’s get some bangers and mash some time.

(I think I just exhausted my knowledge of safe for work stereotypical English expressions.)

6 Likes

Micro USB? I thought that wasn’t a thing we were doing anymore?

1 Like

Garbage, dead out of the box! Can’t get it to charge…

If you haven’t, try charging them overnight. That seems to help. If that doesn’t work, please reach out to Woot! Customer Service.

From a browser, use the Woot! Customer Service form.

In the Woot! App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

Note: Woot! Customer Service replies go to the email address on your Woot! account, not your Amazon login email if used/different.

(Please note: I don’t work for Woot, I just volunteer to help out here on the forums.)

1 Like

Same here. Left earbud charges, right bud completely dead. Either earbud battery is dead or charger right receptacle not working.

2 Likes

As noted above, make sure you give them a good overnight charge. Batteries are shipped drained for safety. And then look at the pairing info above as well.

If all else fails, reach out to CS as also note above.

TL;DR: read up

2 Likes

Thank you. I won’t purchase anything micro at this point… one cable to rule them all!! From laptop to headphones

1 Like

My right one doesn’t even have red indicator light to come on. The left one does

1 Like

If they are dead dead, will it take a while for red lgiht to come on while charging?

Sorry, I don’t know but I know with another Skullcandy brand, a couple people thought they were dead until they let them charge overnight.

Haven’t used them yet but they seem good quality I just wish they were easier to get out of the case. For those of us who have arthritis it’s very hard. Maybe it will get easier. :person_shrugging:

8-10-22 UPDATE:
I love the earbuds now that I have used them ALOT they are easier to get out and the battery last about 2-3 hrs which is about all I can take because they start hurting to hurting my ears. Have tried all the different bud covers but I finally figured that by putting them in the opposite ear and turning them upside down is SOOO much better (though I do need to really think when I fast-forward or reverse) :smile::laughing:
:bulb::100:

1 Like