Snug Kids Earmuff Hearing Protectors

Snug Kids Earmuff Hearing Protectors

Decibel rating is the industry standard for accurate noise reduction in earmuffs. That way, people know exactly what activities for which they’re suited. From concert-going and hunting (or range shooting), down to simple room-elimination noise.

It’s the singular most important piece of information for anyone buying a pair. There’s none anywhere in the description or specs here. It really should be added.

Even if kids are simply standby participants in loud activities, parents need to know the true efficacy of the product.

There’s no information on this on the Snug site. I did find this in the Q&A on Amazon about SNR:

https://www.amazon.com/ask/questions/Tx3G9PW67KT3BFN

I appreciate that, but it’s such a tiny piece of real estate (4 characters - “25db”), there’s zero reason to not have it here.

It’s arguably the singular most important piece of information for this product.

I get what you’re saying. However, we don’t add things to our specs that aren’t verified by the manufacturer. That was a comment by a seller.

Oy.

What I’m saying is that you should have that information from the vendor, when you compile your description.

It’s easy to get. It’s ultimately informative. And it’s crucial for a product like this.

It’s like posting clothing without the sizes…only here, safety is concerned.

Call them, email them, text them. It doesn’t matter how you get it.

Please pass that along.

I appreciate your concern. These are items that we’re moving for Amazon so we don’t have contact with the vendor. I looked on their site and there’s no such information that I could find. If you find official information, I can talk to the team about adding it.

So, what your saying is the actual product packaging doesn’t even describe such decibel ratings. Very uncommon as the other forum member suggested. Any time I’m looking to buy something for hearing protection Db ratings are viewed. I like it to be at least 28db but strive for 35. What kind of company us Snug? Even China would provide such labeling or at least I thought they would. There all about breathing protection and all I would assume it would be a requirement for hearing protection. Unless it’s a patent pending product in that case I wouldn’t want it especially for my little ones ears.

1 Like

I second this I believe it should be a requirement as for when were shopping for tires even from China. Those tires have to be up to US tire standards; every since the big Ford explore tire recall. Which killed several and injured many more due to defective tires that just weren’t up to standards but back then they didn’t need to be. I suppose hearing protectors don’t require such Db ratings. That’s absurd I thought that was a common practice if not requirement.

1 Like

Believe it or not, I actually contacted the manufacturer about this, and they still have yet to reply.

In other words, nobody even cares. In OTHER words, caveat emptor - let the buyer beware.

Sad, but true.

Glad I bought Mumba’s for my daughter instead for when we go on our trip.

1 Like