Something looks different!

If there’s one thing we’ve learned about Wooters in the last 15+ years, it’s that y’all LOVE change. But sometimes change is necessary for businesses to stay current with the marketplace and technology so here we go.

Remember that peek-a-boo you saw when our site header & footers changed for a day or so. Well, we said that we’d come back to you and get feedback so here we go. You can tell us here or use the handy link: https://www.woot.com/feedback.

It’ll start out as A/B testing which is a fancy way of saying that we’ll show it to a few of you to gauge the reaction. If our stats & clicks don’t go into the toilet, we open it up to a few more of you and so on.

Some of these changes are necessary, like the font and color changes for accessibility.

Some are good business, like getting our logo the same on all our platforms.

Some are getting ready for bigger and better things in the future, like removing the category links from the footer. You’ll have to be patient and trust us on these.

Anyway, change is coming. Be ready. Feedback welcome as always. And we will always try to make things better, easier and fun for you cause that’s what friends are for.

1 Like

Just getting ready.

3 Likes

Bet this will go swimmingly.

Please let the monkeys get significant others.

3 Likes

I look forward to using the new “Make Offer” button!

5 Likes

I can’t think of anything better for this site except that we get @bsmith1’s “make offer” button, wOot spelled with different colors, and we get to leave reviews for the seller and the items.

OH and bring back those colored boxes by our avatar. Shape mine like a star please.

Also, can we have a poll on each item so we can share our feelings about the offering but without using our own words?

Like for example a B0C
“EH how does this B0C make you feel?”
Angry
Hungry
Indifferent
Itchy
Purple
Disappointed
Someplace else sold it better

3 Likes

Some of y’all helped us out and didn’t even know it!

As we mentioned a while back, we did some A/B testing on the changes to our site’s headers and footers. The results are in!

The changes worked. We saw an increase in clicks and views from customers across the board so we’re happy that we’re making the right decision and making you happy too. Of course, we know some of you will disagree but hope you’ll still be our friend.

Progress. Thanks for your feedback and helping us make these improvements.

2 Likes

To infinity and beyond :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Clicking and looking around more because stuff is harder to find = success

3 Likes

4 Likes

Remember when actual cell phones were smaller than a cantaloupe?

2 Likes

Someone gave me an avocado today. She just handed me one for no reason. It’s in my fridge.

Just thought I would mention it.

1 Like

Just thought I’d also link this video:

I don’t want to know if the avocado I was given came out of anyone’s butt.

wait what’s a cantaloupe? is that like a reindeer?

1 Like

Nope.

LOOK AT THE SIZE OF THAT PHONE!

1 Like

‘‘removing the category links from the footer. You’ll have to be patient and trust us on these.’’ I can deal with ‘‘some’’ changes and progress…but I’m still not a fan of removing the footer that shows all the Woot deal catagories for the day ! BOOOOOOOO.

Can’t find it? Click more! That’s the new metric for success.

2 Likes

I am also stupefied that you have equated more clicks on the site as a “right decision” !! When I came on today I was practically blinded by the immense amount of blank white space on the front page. Then the picture of the item seemed considerably smaller and did not grab my attention. Actually the huge pink “Serious Crap” bar was way more noticeable which is fine if that’s what you’re aiming for. Yes, I clicked around a lot saying to myself “What the hell happened here?” , “Did I accidentally change my pc settings?”. Anyway, just saying there is no friendliness or humor and invitingness (yes that IS a word!) and that is sad because I come here fun and craziness (* i miss the old woot!). I hope this is not the final product. I will have to concur with the sentiment of…BOOOOOOO!

1 Like