Sony Playstation 4 Pro 1TB Console

Sony Playstation 4 Pro 1TB Console

1 Like

No game bundle with this one for the same price as prior sales with game bundles?

The one you linked didnā€™t look to have very many soldā€¦maybe like 5 units? Maybe that one was a better deal because it was a ā€œdoor busterā€ or something.

6 in that listing.

It was a Factory Reconditioned bundle.

Does that explain why it was the same price (apparently) as this bundle-less listing? Donā€™t look at me; thatā€™s not my job.

ĀÆ\_(惄)_/ĀÆ

Oh, there you have it. Reconditioned vs New would seem to equate to about the price of a game.

Question isā€¦ what generation of PS4 Pro is it? Though it is not always clear from descriptions, there are (at least) 3 versions, not including variations in custom limited edition printing on the case.

You can tell the newer ones because they have a standard 2-prong connector (similar to the slim PS4). The original PS4 Pros have a larger connector that is shaped like a desktop PC connector, though it only uses 2 pins. The first ones have older ā€œchipsā€ and the cooling is not as good, so they run hotter and the fans can make a lot of noise.

It is good that these are new ā€“ kind-of puzzled that they have stock of these now ā€“ a few months ago it was almost impossible to find a new PS4 Pro anywhere. I wonder if these are old stock (but new) that have been un-boxed from bundles and are being sold this way since they are now a bit outdated. (performance-wise they should be equivalent to the newer ones, except for heat and fan noise issues.) But honestly donā€™t know what version these areā€¦

[EDIT] If the photo in 4th pic is accurate (showing rear of console), it is the older ā€œlargeā€ power connector, meaning 1st or 2nd rev, not the newer more efficient one that has been out since late 2018. But the ā€œconnectionā€ diagram on the last photo shows the newer small 2-pin connector. So again, honestly donā€™t know what version these areā€¦

Iā€™m wondering which version it is as wel. They show its ā€œCUH-7000 seriesā€ in the specs. Thatā€™s the OG model number for the PS4 Pro. The newest one is 7200. However, the use of the word series throws me off.

My mistake, I linked the wrong bundle. This was also listed for $299.99 back in September 2019.

The User Guide in the Specs tab shows paperwork for the CUH-7115B which seems to be a 2nd+ gen with better ventilation and quieter fan from a quick search.

@ThunderThighs , which ps 4 pro version and model is this? Thanks

Ok, here we go. From the vendor [Mod Update Again]
Model number: 3003346
Version: CUH-7000 series
Date this console came out: 2016
More info via Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LOP8EZC

Hopefully this helps!

Ok, but what does one DO with this Sony Playstation 4 Pro 1TB Console? Can I make popcorn with it?

No, but you can play the immensely popular game, ā€œI am Bread,ā€ (sold separately) on it.

1 Like

I found that game to be even more frustrating when played on a console vs with touchscreen controls of a phone/tablet.

If you play a game with demanding graphics, the PS4 gets pretty warm, so you may be able to cook popcorn or fry an egg on it!

Whatā€™s your favorite PS4 game?
My choices: Fortnite, Last of Us, MLB The Show,

Iā€™mā€¦ not gonna lie. I thought you were making that up. And then I googled. And, well, I owe you and apology. Move over, Goat Simulator, I am about to have a new favoriteā€¦

This just leaves more questions. That amazon link says 7000 series but the amazon questions there confirmed its CUH-7215B as of mid last year. I also found an ebay link that claims Model Number 3003346 is CUH-7215B. Version: CUH-7000 is too generic of an answer here.

Guess Iā€™ll find out once I get it.

Hmmm since you chose 3, I will choose 3.

My choices: Apex (to counter your Fortnite) but mainly only because my friends play it, Red Dead Redemption 2/GTA5 (I count these as 1), and Mordheim!

Honorable mention to Mount and Blade: Warband, since I have put so many hours into that game but havenā€™t played it recently.

1 Like

Good choices! Iā€™m not an Apex guy, but I guess youā€™re one or the other if you like Fortnite/Apex. RDR2 was good, but got boring at times and I put in most of my hours on GTA5 on the XBOX 360 although I do have it on Playstation 4. GTA5 is one of the best games of all time!

1 Like