T-Rex Digital Platinum Series 12ft 1080p HDMI Cable

ARFGH!! I can’t click on the I Want One button!! It’s broked

Can you promise me it’s as good as this $250 cable? :slight_smile:

When I went in, they didn’t try to sell me a $99 cable, the guy asked me what I was going to be using it for and recommended the $30 cable (yes, still more expensive for 1/2 the length of one of these… (Yes, I did buy it. No, I’m not keeping it)

These are a tight fit if connected to the rear HDMI port on a wall-mounted flat screen HDTV. I suggest using a side port if you don’t run your cables inside the wall.

I’m in it for 3 of them. $20 with shipping for 3 HDMI cables is a deal I couldn’t pass up. Now I just need some good cable ties.

Bought three 6 footers what a mistake, now getting these.

yes you can…just about anywhere on the internet. buy.com, amazon.com, monoprice.com, etc.

I found a new 15-foot on Amazon for even less – $2.11, which comes up to under $5 with S&H. So I’m with Deadlycouncil here; Amazon is the better choice for this one.

Don’t get me wrong; this is a great Woot, but Amazon still had a better deal.

Wow. $79.99 for the same brand cable that is only half the length at Abe’s of Maine!

Easy question for you all, as I’m a noob just getting my first HDTV this week (I know, crazy right?). Why do people want 3 of these?

I plan on connecting a PS3 to TV, are there other devices that I will want to connect using one of these cables?

Or is it just that people have multiple setups in various parts of their house and therefore need more cables? The statement I’ve heard a lot here is “Can always use another HDMI cable”.

Could someone please explain? Thanks! :smiley:

a home theater is nice…

Ah sound…right, in that case I will probably wait until I upgrade my ancient receiver to one that accepts HDMI input.

In for 1 for now. Thanks!

The 2M is here for $15:

http://www.amazon.com/Trex-Digital-Trhdmi2m-T-rex-Cable/dp/B003E93BNM/ref=sr_1_fkmr2_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1270053553&sr=8-1-fkmr2

Looks like a great deal.

Playstation3 is your best friend as a blu-ray player. I have the fat 60 gig that was a lunch console back in it’s day, and by far the best blu-ray player out on the market. Soon (summer time I think) there will be a system update that will support output of 3D movies for people whom already have a 3D ready T.v.
Just some food for thought.

lukastalljones wrote:
Easy question for you all, as I’m a noob just getting my first HDTV this week (I know, crazy right?). Why do people want 3 of these?

I plan on connecting a PS3 to TV, are there other devices that I will want to connect using one of these cables?

Or is it just that people have multiple setups in various parts of their house and therefore need more cables? The statement I’ve heard a lot here is “Can always use another HDMI cable”.

Could someone please explain? Thanks! :smiley:
Answer
besides hooking up your PS3, depending on where you live and whom your cable or sattilte provider is, you can and should also hook up your cable/ sattilte to your kick a$$ HDTV through the HDMI. Yes the picture will be that much sweeter running through the signal of hdmi.

TJMaXX/Marshalls has these for 9.99 for the 6ft and 12.99 for the 12 ft. It costs more and there is tax, but you can return them much more easily if you change your mind. As an aside, Marshalls is getting more and more merchandise that Woot has. I’ve seen many, many things there that were on Woot.

Perhaps my VCR as well? :wink: hehe jk, thanks!

anytime fellow wooter. Hope this helps in deciding wether you need 1,2,or 3 of them.

Once you get that receiver you will have to decide whether to buy the really overpriced HDMI Cable at the store or wait a week or more for the more reasonable one you order on line to arrive. I’m all for quick gratification so I’ll keep one or two on hand.

“HDMI 1.3b, 1.3b1 and 1.3c were released on March 26, 2007, November 9, 2007, and August 25, 2008 respectively. They do not introduce differences on HDMI features, functions, or performance, but only describe testing for products based on the HDMI 1.3a specification regarding HDMI compliance (1.3b), the HDMI Type C Mini connector (1.3b1), and active HDMI cables (1.3c)”

I think you mean 1.4 which hardly exists, and is a different connector…