what does it take to get woot to respond to emails?

They charged my credit card a week ago, and no word on whats happening with my order. Is this typical of woot? do they suck this bad?

No, woot does not “suck this bad”.

Okay, a couple of things, since I don’t know which item/when it was ordered(but I noticed you just joined woot last weekend)::::

-Have you checked “your account” for shipping status? It says:
“Your order has been fully processed, and is now being shipped to you. Your tracking number will be listed on the left. If you don’t see a tracking number after 5 days, check the community forum for this product to find out about a potential delay. If there is no community forum update, post to the forums and/or contact the service department (service@woot.com).”

-The standard turnaround time is three business days from the close of the sale of the item. Woot-offs can increase that delay.

-If you think there’s still something wrong, post to that item’s thread about the problem. Sometimes it takes longer to get a response from e-mails to service@woot.com .

They sucked real good with my first order. Eureka Boss vacuum.
Go woot!

[quote user=“gimmaroon”]No, woot does not “suck this bad”.

Okay, a couple of things, since I don’t know which item/when it was ordered(but I noticed you just joined woot last weekend)::::

“Your order has been fully processed, and is now being shipped to you. Your tracking number will be listed on the left. If you don’t see a tracking number after 5 days, check the community forum for this product to find out about a potential delay. If there is no community forum update, post to the forums and/or contact the service department (service@woot.com).”

-The standard turnaround time is three business days from the close of the sale of the item. Woot-offs can increase that delay.

-If you think there’s still something wrong, post to that item’s thread about the problem. Sometimes it takes longer to get a response from e-mails to service@woot.com .

[/quote]

I purchased the omnifi 20GB car player.

I ordered last weekend, so yes it’s been over 3 business days.

I did post to the thread, and got no response from woot. There is no message of a delay in the thread.

I did check the status in my account, and it is NOT shipped.It just says your order is in.
you’re all set now.

I’ve posted to the thread, and sent multiple emails. No response.

“If you don’t see a tracking number after 5 days, check the community forum for this product to find out about a potential delay.” Yeah, I see you posted there , the fifth bus. day, with no response.

All I can suggest is that you continue (within reason, of course) to bump the OmniFi thread, esp., since you’ve been charged. Just from what I’ve heard and read… when there is the occasional error, woot makes good on things…it just can take some time. (Reminder- Even though there are weekend woots, the warehouse is closed.)

threaten to “destroy” the monkey

On wednesday the 10th, I’ll have waited a full month for my Omnifi Home/Car bundle. It’s a bit upsetting that it is taking this long, but I’m sure they’ll make it up sooner or later. I’ve emailed and asked in the forum and such, just no luck as of yet. I really hope it ships out, being an older woot member, I understand all of the troubles they go through, so I’m not quite as worried as some newer wooters would be.

I must say, you have quite a bit more patience than I. What makes you think you’re going to get it after a month?

[quote user=“Sjohn”]On wednesday the 10th, I’ll have waited a full month for my Omnifi Home/Car bundle. It’s a bit upsetting that it is taking this long, but I’m sure they’ll make it up sooner or later. I’ve emailed and asked in the forum and such, just no luck as of yet. I really hope it ships out, being an older woot member, I understand all of the troubles they go through, so I’m not quite as worried as some newer wooters would be.[/quote]Didnt we just talk yesterday and you told me that the charge was not showing on your credit card?

[quote user=“reno2k3”]

They charged my credit card a week ago, and no word on whats happening with my order. Is this typical of woot? do they suck this bad?[/quote]PM me with your order number and I’ll look at it. I thought GC had covered this the other day and it was a PO box issue? Or am I thinking of another order?

Edit: It turns out service cancelled your order the other day after you sent 4 emails in 45 minutes and the last one basically read “f*** off a**holes, cancel my gd order. I’m disputing the charge with my credit card company”

BTW- these emails were sent on the 5th businees day and were your first requests for information. The reason for the delay was that you gave us a PO box for the order and since FedEx and UPS don’t deliver to PO boxes, the process to get these out takes a little longer

BigD do you work for woot?

BigD you have a PM.

I had posted that before I realized that mistake, speaking of which you never replied to my email, what should I do about this? Have you recharge it? Just go away and wait for the item to come back up? I use a debit card, so I’d have to make sure the money is in my checkings account so if you want to resubmit the charge, just let me know, otherwise let me know that I’ll have to try and wait on the woot to show back up sometime.

I apologize for invading your forum up front, but feel this is worth while and will only take 15 seconds away from a chat.

Give the Gift of Site

Please donate any used pair of prescription glasses to help both children and adults that cannot afford clear vision, to see for the first time.

Not asking for money, just one pair (or as many as you can find laying around [h] ) to help people that cannot afford to see.

I will post pictures and stories from the Sonora, MX mission I will be on in September off site to show you what your contributions meant to the people in need.

Please send them to;

Luxottica Retail
Attn: Woody1
4000 Luxottica Place
Mason, OH 45040

I appreciate woot for allowing this to post, and the person with the most pairs sent in by Sept 12th, (nudge factor coming, and send them all together please, so they can be counted) will get a package worth over $500 including a new Home Toshiba DVD Recorder and Dell 5.1 speaker set. This comes out of my pocket; this is just one of many, and I do mean many, charities I try to support.

They sucked real good with my first order. Eureka Boss vacuum.
Go woot!

I purchased the omnifi 20GB car player.

I ordered last weekend, so yes it’s been over 3 business days.

I did post to the thread, and got no response from woot. There is no message of a delay in the thread.

I did check the status in my account, and it is NOT shipped.It just says your order is in.
you’re all set now.

I’ve posted to the thread, and sent multiple emails. No response.

“If you don’t see a tracking number after 5 days, check the community forum for this product to find out about a potential delay.” Yeah, I see you posted there , the fifth bus. day, with no response.

All I can suggest is that you continue (within reason, of course) to bump the OmniFi thread, esp., since you’ve been charged. Just from what I’ve heard and read… when there is the occasional error, woot makes good on things…it just can take some time. (Reminder- Even though there are weekend woots, the warehouse is closed.)

threaten to “destroy” the monkey

On wednesday the 10th, I’ll have waited a full month for my Omnifi Home/Car bundle. It’s a bit upsetting that it is taking this long, but I’m sure they’ll make it up sooner or later. I’ve emailed and asked in the forum and such, just no luck as of yet. I really hope it ships out, being an older woot member, I understand all of the troubles they go through, so I’m not quite as worried as some newer wooters would be.