Who is experiencing heat wave

Been low 60s since the Equinox. Had to remove the window ACs…it was 63 inside…and i caved and turned the heat on. I hate doing that before October.

2 Likes

@Wooter60072541
Hello, my friend!!
Big ol’ Happy Birthday from me (and Mother Nature!) :smile_cat:

Happy Cat GIF

3 Likes

85 and kinda smoky here.

This should be the last day we’ll get in the 80’s for the year.
Kind of a late ‘Indian Summer’ heat wave.

Still waiting for the rains, it’s been very dry for months.

4 Likes

Warm for your area. Me, I’m at 89 degrees - it’s almost time for the sun to start going down. Tomorrow is supposed to only go to 86 or so. Not sure if I believe it after a 90-degree day. A bit of humidity sneaked in, too. The outdoor cats play with their toys for about 20 seconds then lay down.
After the Hurricane passes (fingers crossed it passes :crossed_fingers:) next weekend, the weather will probably change, though who knows what it’ll do.

3 Likes

Tired of wildfires - the worst!

2 Likes

Thanks so much @buy4me. Found a fun forum group…come check it out!

1 Like

So feel 4 u! They r just devastating. Please stay safe!

3 Likes

We get a respit this week, n 70s 80s, then bak n2 the hi 80s and 90s again next week…our poor trees dont know whethwr to change or grow

2 Likes

Thank you! Thankfully they are relatively far away from me, but the smoke is terrible for the lungs. Best thing is to stay indoors.

3 Likes

Yes…and that reminds me, time to check and or change my AC filters! Thanks!

2 Likes

No high temps now…hummingbird flew the coop…37 now, 80 tomorrow…what a ride

1 Like

Monday - 80-something!
Tuesday and Wednesday - low 60s!
By the weekend, back to 80s!
The big news?
Freeze watch Tuesday and Wednesday nights!! What?! :scream_cat: record lows;
AND fire weather watch, may get changed to red flag / no burn Tuesday:
super windy and dry, dry, dry.

2 Likes

Yeah…sumilar here…only got 2 hi 50s 2day…29 2nite, 25 tomorrow nite and 29 wed nite…been winterizing all weekend…way earlier than normal…we dont get bak n2 70s until sat…ealy brrrrr…and dry also…and windy…!

2 Likes

Got to 89 degrees yesterday!
Much better today, maybe to 70.
A little smoke yesterday and today in the air but not too bad.

3 Likes

Tomorrow is now officially a red flag no burn day across at least 3 or 4 states here. (I expected that.)
On tonight’s news they announced you can’t light a bonfire (duh) or even your fire pit, even though there is an actual freeze expected tomorrow night, not just a watch like they said earlier - gonna get colder than they thought. Wednesday night, too.

Thank goodness for heaters!

3 Likes

Update: Tomorrow and the next night (Tuesday & Wednesday nights) have been upgraded to record cold each night. Freeze warning both nights.

These are the times there are a lot of house fires here. (Maybe everywhere?)
People being careless while trying to be warm.
Warm good. Careless bad.

1 Like

hamster-eating

1 Like

It is 25° with a windchill of 18°. No heatwave here. It is very, very refreshing!

1 Like

Agreed. Lun cool, cold, and warm weather…just cant do hot any more…i hibernate n the summer :slight_smile:

Expecting 90 tomorrow. Been perfect 80’s I love it. Not looking forward to time change and extended darkness.