Why woot doesn't have a search feature?

We are going into 2020 soon, why Woot doesn’t have a search feature on its home page?

10 Likes

Because Woot is cooler than 2020.

5 Likes

Oh, mostly bc more than half the time we would have nothing to return on your search since we’re not a full retail store like Amazon, Walmart, Kmart, Target, etc. We sell what we can get until it’s gone.

Search: Socks
Sorry, nothing found.

Search: Rowing Machine
Sorry, nothing found.

Search: Vacuum
Sorry, nothing found.

Yeah, I was joking with that last one.

11 Likes

It’s one of the robots. They’ve taken over and learned how to post questions

4 Likes

I’d love a woot search feature that returns a “nothing found” reply on every search query. :slight_smile: <3

9 Likes

Kmart? I think you need to update your reply out of the 2005 time frame

3 Likes

I’d love a way to filter at least from ALL the things Woot is currently selling from one page. Would make things easier.

4 Likes

Could we get a woot search feature that only results in bidets? Let’s face it, you wouldn’t need new socks if only you had a bidet.

8 Likes

Right? I’d love to be able to search for hoodies in Shirt.woot. But instead, I have to scroll through every design looking for an icon or a price signifying that the design is available as a hoodie. It’s very frustrating. :frowning:

8 Likes

It’s not the search… it’s the finding that’s tricky…

8 Likes

There is a good reason for the no search bar- it’s so woot can waste your time and disappoint you ; mainly it’s for the people who haven’t got a bag of crap yet. So searching for something the old fashioned way can give you some form of crappiness without the bag of crap - especially when you can’t find what your looking for. Thanks for always looking out for your customers woot, stick with being nostalgic it’s all you have left.

11 Likes

Yeah, we definitely want to do some long-overdue updates to the shirt site. Some are coming just slower than we wanted. Not sure about this one though.

4 Likes

A null result is a result.

9 Likes

A search feature would be welcomed. Just the other day, I was trying to find those reading pillow things that prop you up and have built-in arm rests… I saw them once before and later thought it might be nice to buy for a family member. I could not for the life of me find them. I checked the Home & Kitchen page and tried to pick categories like “Bedding”, but couldn’t find them. I tried to look at the All Deals page and filter by the price I thought it was…nothing. After scrolling endlessly through various event pages, bargin bins, and liquidation sales, I still came up empty. I no longer want to buy this item from woot even if it is currently for sale.

5 Likes

Like this?

1 Like

Well, in 2017, Woot had a search feature, or sorts…

https://aprilfoolsdayontheweb.com/joke/20170307/

3 Likes

3 Likes

You could always search the forums for the discussion thread for the product since each product gets its own thread. You’d unfortunately have to pretty specific with your search terms though. You’re bound to get a bunch of results from posts that have the same words.

3 Likes

Yeah we don’t like this either. We’re working on some long overdue catalog overhauls to try and enable experiences like this (semantic note: this is more of a “filter” than a search per se… search experience would kinda suck here - what Shirt needs more is a filter concept as people like to “browse the art” in different directions… such as “I want a hoodie… with Doctor Who!”, or “I want Doctor Who, on a HOODIE!”. We need to have bidirectional filtering which our current catalog, built in 2012, doesn’t allow. FOR NOW!

3 Likes

So what you’re saying, is that if it were up to you, you’d destroy all of the various domains, and rebuild them from scratch.