You have a "No Soliciting" sign on our front porch, yet someone still decides to ring your doorbell and/or knock on your door. What do you do?

You have a "No Soliciting" sign on our front porch, yet someone still decides to ring your doorbell and/or knock on your door. What do you do?

9 Likes

First!!! I’ll show the sign

rockos modern life nicksplat GIF

17 Likes

Stop Bothering Me GIF by MyPetHippoProductions

11 Likes

Not much. I rent out that house and live on a yacht.

Balling Saturday Night Live GIF by The Lonely Island

15 Likes

Did you really call “First!!!”? As in first comment? I haven’t seen that since 2013 or so.

11 Likes

Why would I have a “No Soliciting” sign? That is just advertising that you are likely an introvert and likely home. As an introvert and likely home, I do not advertise and just let the dogs bark, annoyingly loud, at the door. Problems solved.

barking bad dog GIF by Nat Geo Wild

20 Likes

If I ordered a pizza or something is being delivered by Amazon or the mailman I’m not answering the door

French Movie Peeking GIF by Madman Films

9 Likes

Gun Shoot GIF by BrownSugarApp

6 Likes

It won’t let me upload a video - but I don’t get solicitors anymore. Once they realized the “no trespassing and no soliciting” signs were for their own protection - they stopped showing up … I’ve got four dogs. Two if which clock in at about 100 pounds each and can clear my six foot fence with ease.

21 Likes

Peek through the blinds out of curiosity.

Watching My Girl GIF by Laff

14 Likes

I mean how would my “No Soliciting” sign on your porch help me with solicitors at my door?

12 Likes

“Hi, I’m so glad you knocked on my door. Are you ready for a fun and amazing way to earn money with Amway?”

775nt8T

17 Likes

I do tho…

3 Likes

Fah Sean Finegan GIF by FoilArmsandHog

6 Likes

Hardly anyone comes to my door to solicit, but when they do, I patiently listen to their spiel and reply, “Thank you, but I’m not interested” and wish them a good day.

These poor schmucks are bussed into neighborhoods by the dozens and at least have a quota of houses to talk to - and make a sale or sales contact. If they get pushy, I give them a hard “NO! Thank you” and close the door.

They’re obviously young, gullible people getting manipulated by some unscrupulous company/organization. swindled into the gig by trusted friends or adults as a way to make “big money” fast. So I go kinda easy on them. If they’re smart, they’ll figure it out pretty quickly - particularly when they discover their “commission” is being docked for “travel expenses” and other bogus items (“It’s in the contract you signed…”).

It’s a hard lesson, but everyone has their path to travel. They chose that one, sadly.

14 Likes

You should just come clean with them right then and there. Maybe they’ll quit on the spot.

5 Likes

Well… the last time the LDS came by, I invited them in, offered them a beer and toke or two. Then I argued with them for an hour or so. Never did see those guys again :rofl:

12 Likes

Nah. Tried that. Doesn’t work. They’re pretty indoctrinated at that point and not too open to “helpful advice”, so I figure it’s something they have to learn for themselves, and they can make their choice when the time is right for them.

Sadly, the company/organization that roped them in has a vast supply of young, ignorant labor to draw from, and will just move on to a new neighborhood/town.

6 Likes

Not everyone knocking on your door is a solicitor. Keep your compensators holstered. No need to murder someone because their car broke down and they’re looking for help.

19 Likes

So if they leave anything at my door, I write a 1 star Google review for their company

9 Likes