3/01/2021: Shirt-O-Meter Derby!

ShirtOMeter_GW_1080x385

WE DID IT!
Keep those votes coming and help us decide which ones of these amazing designs to print! Be sure to check back next week, starting on Tuesday, March 9 for your Derby apparel starting at only $10!

What’s this Derby you speak of?

idk, it’s like this really cool, thematic, crowd-sourced apparel design competition that runs weekly on Woot! The Creatives of Woot! (CoWs for short) create awesome new artwork EVERY week and YOU exercise your civic Woot-y to vote for the bestest designs! The top 3 designs get featured (Champ, Chump, and Chimp) get bragging rights as the daily each week. And don’t worry, we also curate a collection of ones you love but didn’t win for a specially-curated-for-you event each Friday.

mmmk, that’s cool, but what’s what’s a Shirt-O-Meter Derby?

It’s a special Derby to give back to you: the more voters in the Derby, the lower the price of apparel on Derby designs! Here’s some fine print, too: 1,500 Derby voters gets apparel starting at $10!

The theme of this week’s competition is ‘Pirates’, you can read a little bit about the design guidelines for this competition here.

How will I know how many voters there are?

Check back right here every day where we will post the total count!

Where do I vote?

Go here. Make sure you log in using your Woot! or Amazon account and click those blue ‘I want one’ buttons over the designs you like!

Tell your friends and fam-a-lam to come over to Woot! and vote too! We like to give you a deal, it’s kind of like, what we do.

2 Likes

Yassssss!!! Please send a push notification too! I forgot who is in charge of them, these days. I think someone married someone in accounting and they started a family band and lived happily ever after.

I do have a pirate joke, I just can’t remember it. I’ll have to get back y’all on that. Edit: it may not be SFW so I’ll table it for now.

However, speaking of Pirates, there’s a book (the audio book is excellent) called Fantasticland by Mike Bockoven about what happens to all the young people working at the theme park (Fantasticland) after it gets hit by a hurricane. It gets dark and has a Lord of the Flies feel to it, but with pirates and robots and shop girls. And now, I think of those Pirates vs Jack Sparrow whenever I think about Pirates.

“What’s a pirate’s favorite restaurant?”
“Arrrby’s!”
“You’d think so, but it’s actually Long John Silver’s.”

4 Likes

What’s a pirate’s favorite letter?
You’d think it’s Arrrr, but you’d be would be wrong, matey. It be the C that he favors.

Speaking of… here’s my derby entry for this one. Pirate of the Hi-C, if you will. :slight_smile: :pirate_flag:

Hey, Kool-Raid!

5 Likes

This is what’s wrong with arrrr society…

To err is human…to Arrrggghh is Pirate.

What does a vegan pirate do in jail? Staaaarrrrrrvvvvvveee!

We’re already up to 750 voters! You guys are amazing!

2 Likes

How many votes to get pricing down to $5?

:wink:

2 Likes

voters*

Never underestimate how many bots use Woot.

2 Likes

Well the bots :robot: must’ve been asleep last shirt-o-meter because we didn’t get enough votes to win :pensive:

We did it! You guys are amazing! Keep 'em coming!!!

4 Likes

9,998,500 more voters to go until $5?

998,075 more to go!

1 Like

Progress is progress.

1 Like

Shirt-O-Meter shirts are on sale now! Be sure to grab your $10 tees!

1 Like

I take it that 1M voters weren’t to be accounted for?

1 Like