A Taste of Chocolate (4)

Am I reading the nutrition information right? The serving size is one cherry and each container contains 3.2 servings = 3.2 cherries? (and 3.2 pretzel bites and 3.2 blueberries)?

What’s up with the milk stuff?? We want dark!

Hello Winewooters. I am with A Taste of Chocolate and am happy to be offering the sampler today.

A couple points to clarify:

Serving size is about 40 grams, so in the case of Cherry morsels thats a few cherries (a small handful) per serving, slightly more for Blueberries, and even more for the lighter Pretzel Bites.

We love dark chocolate, too, as you can see from some of the items on our website at
www.atasteofchocolate.com.

Look for your favorite dark chocolates there, and we hope you enjoy this great sampler for this event too.

The description says:

Serving Size: 1 (40 g)
Servings Per Container: 3.2

I’m guessing/assuming that what you’re saying is that this is wrong and that the serving size is not really one cherry - it’s a “small handful”. (I have no idea what a chocolate covered cherry weighs so I don’t know how many cherries 40 grams is.)

I appreciate the link to the website and I’m looking around. If the picture at http://www.atasteofchocolate.com/our-products/chocolate-morsels/ accurately shows you what 6 ounces of chocolate cherries looks like, then I’ve got an idea of how much 4 ounces is - maybe 20 cherries or so, which is what I was looking to find out. :wink:

Artificial flavor and color, partially hydrogenated oils, xanthan gum? No, not gourmet, not artisan, definitely not what I’m looking for here. Wine.woot of old would never have offered this stuff. Trader Joe’s sells higher quality versions of many of these items, minus the gold box and purple ribbon, but also minus the steep price tag and food additives.

FYI, the FDA just today announced it is calling for the complete elimination of partially hydrogenated oils from the USA food supply.

Also, some wooters noticed possible shilling when these products were offered previously: http://wine.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5604087.

WineWoot of old also had but a single offer a week…

Oh please, there is nothing wrong with artificial flavor and color when used appropriately, and in fact it can be better the the “natural” alternatives.

But no, if it was made in a lab it must be really bad for you. Lets use natural food colouring instead.

That being said, I would rather they list the actual ingredients than say natural or artificial flavorings.

Also, trans fats are bad.