Acer Aspire 10.1" 6 Cell Netbook with Accessory Kit

I’m all over this one - and in RED - as I am a Woot addict. The previous 2 Eee PCs (Linux OS) have been distributed to more apt family members - as I have little patience for figuring out another operating system (my MAC OS is different enough) - and I am not paying for an iPad to have the portability this offers - with accessories! Less than 3 pounds weight, 6-cell battery, familiar Win XP, AND RED!!! :slight_smile:

Anybody know who makes the wireless chipset in this? And don’t tell me “Acer InviLink, stupid!” I’ll bet it’s a crappy Broadcom radio.

I got this bundle back in January or February. I love it. There were a few weird things that I think have to do with the fact that it’s refurbished…There’s no built in games…solitaire, minesweeper, freecell. None of them are there. Neither is the calculator. And I had to install a codec pack in order to watch dvds through Windows Media Player.

As for the computer itself, the only bad thing I can think of is that the built in speakers are awful. They’re located underneath the front and they don’t get nearly loud enough. When you plug in headphones, it sounds kind of like its coming from a deep hole, or like an echo. It’s not bad, just weird.

I take this with me to school everyday. It weighs less than a textbook and fits nicely in a backpack or messenger bag. The screen is very durably fastened to the base. The keyboard is slightly smaller than a standard, but I have small hands, and it’s not hard to adjust. The battery life is AMAZING. It can go nearly 7 hours without a recharge, depending on what you’re doing. Obviously watching dvds uses much more battery power. But if all you’re doing is typing a paper or surfing the web, it will last a long time. I charge it at night and don’t even carry around my power cord.

I would definitely recommend this to anyone who needs a lightweight, portable computer.

Not even close.

Yes, I put Office 2007 on mine. Though you might want to swap the 1GB memory for 2GB. And, the keyboard is a little more cramped than that of a full size laptop or desktop computer, you might not want to spend hours typing away at it.

I bought two for the husband and me about six months ago. The battery life is better than anything I’ve ever had and as long as I don’t try to hotrod the innertubes or photoshop up a mess of gigalicious LOLcats it works great.

(Another gig of RAM helps, too.)

How is the price of this one compared to yours?

WE AGREE 110%!!! THE 7HR ± BATTERY LIFE IS NOT A JOKE!!! GREAT BUY!!!

WARNINGS:

THE BURNER IS DUAL LAYER, BUT EITHER WAY, +/-, DOESN’T CHANGE BOOKTYPES!!! YOU MUST BE USING -R MEDIA IF YOU INTEND TO PLAY THE BURNT DVD ON A SET-TOP BOX!!!

HINTS:

1. GET A USB HUB!!!

2. GET A USB KEYBOARD!!!

DON’T HESITATE!!! GREAT BARGAIN!!!

GOD BLESS, KINJIRU

Acer InviLink, stupid!

Couldn’t resist. Atheros, I believe.

I got this a while back when it was the 3 cell, I like it but never really use it.

I upgraded memory to 2gb and added a 9cell battery to the unit so It has upgraded memory and a 9cell with 3 cell backup, also got a car charger with it as well. It has the accessory kit and I would sell it for same price, lightly used from woot in Dec with all the upgrades. includes shipping.

Acer 10.1
woot listing resell, plus 9cell and 2gb memory and car charger.
$280 shipped. SweetSoundsNY on AOL.

Bought one last time around. I’m a student, great purchase! Light and easy to carry around between classes! Multitasks very well!

YES!!! O; )

GOD BLESS, KINJIRU

you bought a 10 foot laptop? That seems a little excessive :stuck_out_tongue:

I recently bought the Acer Aspire One (with Windows 7 Starter edition), and it’s a great laptop (for $300 at Costco with no accessories about a week ago). It was rated highest according to consumer reports (scoring the same or better than more expensive netbooks), and apparently you can upgrade to Windows 7. I did about 6 hours of work on the airplane (great size for those little fold-down trays)–the battery is fantastic. If you’re looking for something truly portable and affordable, you should definitely get it! One more thing–ppl sometimes complain about the battery hump, but i think it makes the keyboard more ergonomic–an important feature in a small keyboard…

Friend of mine bought one of these - loves it. Especially in the bathroom - a disturbingly growing trend.

I bought one of these just before leaving for Europe and was impressed by its battery life. Its size makes it easy to put in a carry on. Wish I had the accessory pack though.

Wrong. Burns + discs just fine and they play back on everything.

Love this machine. Perfect size, real long battery life.

I have been using this for almost two months now. It has been treating me well. Very light, thin, it can handle some light gaming. I can run Sims 2 w/ all expansions,WoW works, but Steam (even CS) does not recognize this chipset >_<

The tinyness of it can be a downside if you’re not a midget. the touchpad is like 2 in. wide (luckily you get a mouse.) Youtube runs fine but Hulu can be choppy. It would be good for classwork or long trips, but not great for any serious multitasking or gaming.

so everyone gets red ones? Or could the avatar/mafia wars conditions take precedence?

NOPE. READ WHAT I SAID AGAIN, MY FRIEND. IT’LL DO +/-, IS A GIVEN, BUT IF YOU WANT TO READ THOSE BURNT DVDS ON A NORMAL SET-TOP DVD PLAYER YOU MUST BURN TO DVD-R MEDIA!!! DVD+R MEDIA, WHILE IT WILL BURN ON THIS BURNER, WILL NOT PLAY ON USUAL SET-TOP DVD PLAYERS. THIS IS CANNON (UNLESS KLINGENFUS CARES TO TELL US WHAT PROGRAM HE’S USING THAT’LL CHANGE BOOKTYPE, SINCE NERO, BURNAWARE, AND EASYCD/DVD CREATOR WON’T DO IT, AND THE SPECS FROM THE MANUFACTURER SAYS IT DOESN’T CHANGE BOOKTYPES ALSO)…

[WAITING]…

GOD BLESS, KINJIRU