AcuRite 75155M 14.5-inch LED Clock

AcuRite 75155M 14.5-inch LED Clock

Unless the clock can set itself, either through broadcast atomic clock, RBDS, GPS, or NTP, I’m not interested.

1 Like

Legitimately a deal, although at least some of the reviews seem to be for a different version of the clock. The first few of them specifically mention the very visible RED numbers.
Amazon listing 54.99$ at the moment.

There’s also an 18" version. One question’s answer mentions that it’s self-setting, but none of the reviews I read or the description of the clock itself says anything about it. So yeah, sadly I’m going to avoid it too. Shame, might be a neat clock.

1 Like

WWVB is going off the air.

This looks like it would be a great gift idea for a family member who has a workshop. Sadly, since it does not seem to have an atomic clock time sync and no way to tone down the bright LED display I will keep looking for another gift idea.

1 Like

Nope. Funding was approved. CQ Newsroom: WWV Funding Restored, Centennial Preparations Continue

Jeez, what a bunch of lazy (redacted) around here. “No atomic sync”…seriously who cares? It takes 10 seconds twice a year to flip +/- an hour if you switch DST*, and I’ve never had a digital clock drift enough that I needed to reset the time. If you think 10 seconds is too long, I weep for your wives and girlfriends, lol.

• turns out this one even switches DST for you.

Military time???

I had a look at the manual (link to PDF) on the vendors website and there’s no mention of military/24 hour time mode.

Unless it can get out of its box, put its plug in to an empty electrical socket and find the best viewing location itself, I’m not interested

2 Likes

No battery backup for power outages either?

From the owners manual:

1 Like

AcuRite is on the “s” list for me. They dropped support for their weather station and expect it’s customers to just drop 120 bucks on a new hub that has fewer features.

1 Like

We have one of these. Great clock but very bright in the dark.