Ask Woot! Anything: Creative Team

600x250_blogpost

Welcome to our third in the “Ask Woot! Anything” series where we yank staffers from anonymity and put them in the forums with you to answer questions! Nothing is off limits! That doesn’t mean we’ll answer everything. A little bit of mystery is good in a relationship, right?

So gather up your questions. Warm up your typing hands. We’re ready for you! Well, we’ll be there anyway.

:spiral_calendar: Date: Friday, May 8

:clock2: Time: 2-3pm CT

:desktop_computer: Where: Right here in this thread

If you are Time Zone Challenged like me, here’s a handy dandy chart:

Zone Begin End
PT 12pm 1pm
MT 1pm 2pm
CT 2pm 3pm
ET 3pm 4pm

WHO?

Well, you! And these brave souls from our Woot! Creative Team:

@davejlives - Sr. Editor. Manager of Mayhem.
@notmatty - Writer. Master of Videos.
@WootyMcFly - Jr. Writer.
@keelimegreen - Visual Designer. Magician of monkey artwork.
@PurpleRain08 - Our Marketing Leader and manager of all the above (and TT)

These are the people that do the write-ups, videos, artwork on the site, monkey chats, polls, and various shenanigans.

See you then!

HI THIS IS DAVE AND I’M A SCORPIO

6 Likes

Hello, this is Keelimegreen AKA “vegan girl.” I eat pixels for breakfast. Vegan pixels.

5 Likes

Hi! I’m totally not Matt and I write copy for stuff and junk with words. And video. And I get people sandwiches, if they ask. Can I get you a sandwich?

6 Likes

Wooty McFly here! I’m a junior writer, and I’m pretty sure that title was given to me because I’m shorter than @notmatty. I’m talking hobbit short.

• I will try anything once.
  • My favorite movie of all time is The Princess Bride. It’s a classic. A CLASSIC.
  • I laugh at my own jokes, still working on getting other people to laugh.
  • I quote lines from movies in real life all the time.
  • I once auditioned for SNL

I’m not married, I’m an Aries and when I do settle down, I absolutely want someone to quote this entire scene as my officiant:

8 Likes

Hi - I’m PurpleRain08 and yes that means I LOVE LOVE PRINCE! Also, if you ask any question about Storm from X-Men, we can be best friends (my single best gift of all-time was getting 40 years of the X-Men on DVD). I’ve had the awesome opportunity of leading the super folks on the marketing team at Woot! Came here with 20+ years from CPG - General Mills, ConAgra Foods, The Hershey Company, etc. Let’s have fun together!

2 Likes

WELCOME!!

We have our crazy team here to answer questions.

Let 'em rip!

Hi Dave, I’m Random wooter and I’m a Taurus

4 Likes

How much of your own money do you spend on woot sales?

Can we get a search engine for the site?

11 Likes

Why is some of your crap so crappy?

3 Likes

Where is a search or category feature. You have a lot of crap to sort through it would really help!

3 Likes

Best BOC you ever got, put together or saw?

1 Like

I’d say it averages out to a tithe of 5%?

2 Likes

Did you get the part?

1 Like

1/4 of my paycheck, easily. LoL. Not sure thats a smart move.

1 Like

How much alcohol does the creative team consume per day in order to fuel the Woot vibe in your creations? I feel like @davejlives should have a separate metric from the rest of the team.

2 Likes

Aside from Victorian Era London, I’m a Hershey native!