ASUS N7043U Mini Chromebox 3 Desktop

This is a good deal… I already ordered a 128gb drive and 16gb of memory to upgrade it.

1 Like

Let me save y’all some time when you get this…

It is setup as a Google Meet kiosk. Just hit Ctrl-Alt-h and a box will pop up asking if you want to run in Meet mode, say No and then log in to regular Chrome OS.

1 Like

Did you receive yours? I got mine and it’s enterprise locked… which means it’s a brick and useless. Was yours?

I received mine and it was enterprise locked… so USELESS.

Try booting it fresh. When you get that first screen that says start the setup, hit Ctrl-Alt-H and then click “No”. Hopefully you can then log in normally.

I think Woot would have saved themselves a lot of support headaches if they indicated that this was a Meet box, and not a normal Chrome machine. Mine is now running Windows, so I don’t really care :slight_smile:

I’m sorry about that. Please reach out to Woot! Customer Service.

From a browser, use the Woot! Customer Service form.

In the Woot! App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

Hey Yar, thanks for the information that was NOT provided with this Chrome Box. Not sure how long it would have taken me to figure this out for myself, but anyway, it’s up and running now. It arrived with zero documentation or other info, looking as if it had just fallen off the back of a truck, in fact. I think I’m done with refurbished products, at least from WOOT. Thanks again for the heads up!

Glad it helped! For me it took around 2 hours of poking around in Chromebook forums.

Some additional info: I opened it up and swapped out the SSD for a much bigger one I had laying around (500GB), and that works great - you just have to move the little standoff further back to the rear hole. I also put 32GB of RAM in it, despite the fact that the ASUS website says it can only take 16GB.

Hi @BacchusBob! Sorry for the problems. We did email instructions to all customers that bought this desktop. The email was sent on 12/4.

Note that our emails go to the email address on your Woot! account, not your Amazon email/login if that’s different.

For what it’s worth, I just double-checked and I got no email from Woot about the ASUS box on 12/4. Maybe the emails only went out for the other sale?

Sorry, but I only just found your reply.

I don’t think I ever received this email. I looked for it but can’t find it. Were all of these ChromeBox computers shipped without documentation, or was mine just missing it? If possible, please re-send. The email for both my Woot and Amazon accounts is the same. Thanks.

Here’s the email:

Woot here. We’re contacting to provide more detail on how to boot up the Mini Chromebox 3 Desktop you recently purchased in case you found any difficulties doing so.

Please follow the steps to successfully start up your device.

1. Press Ctrl+alt+h to see the pop-up window to switch to normal mode. Since the pop-up asks “Are you sure you want to set up this device to run Hangouts Meet?”, you need to select “No” to switch to normal mode, otherwise, you will see the Hangouts Meet Welcome screen above if you pick yes.

2. After you select “no” in step #2, you will see the welcome screen for normal mode and compare with step #1 to see that it does not say anything about Hangouts Meet to know you are in the normal mode welcome.

3. Proceed as normally and you will see the normal Chrome OS login instead of the Enterprise login.

Because of these issues, we’re sending a $10 partial refund to your original payment.

If this is a deal-breaker, please let us know and we’ll assist with a return for a full refund.

For return requests or further questions, we can be reached via email at support@woot.com or by going through the Customer Service Support form on the website. Once again, we are sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks ThunderThighs, I appreciate it…

1 Like