Big Screen TVs

I have three open tickets with woot cs for crap that came broken during shipping. one is weeks (!) old. I question the statement, TT… And I’ve mentioned things of this sort in months past too. It’s a shame, really, but…I don’t believe that CS will take care of them. They haven’t taken care of me lately, and I’ve bought over 1000 things.

Talked with CS. Check your PMs.

To view your PMs, look for the envelope to the right of the tab, EVERYTHING BUT WOOT.

Good to hear. The didn’t notice anything on the Warranty page about shipping damage, and just assumed it fell under the Woot 90-day.

Not sure if you were referring to my post, but my issue is with shipping damage, but I’m sure everyone enjoys your passive-aggressive style anyway.

woot when you can get the same unit on ebay for 100,00 less then you know its overcharged… sorry i will not be buying this after all that just turned me off

My buddy got in a Vizio 55" refurb off of here, and the base is all scratched up, and there is a place where a piece of the housing is chipped off. A refurb should be operationally as-new, and cosmetically near-new. This one looks like hell and, no, there was no shipping damage. The box was pristine. I’m sorry I recommended he look at one of these.

Walmart has the same TV Woot is selling cheaper and brand new.

Walmart - $998 - New
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Vizio-65-Theater-3D-LED-with-WIFI-SMART-1080p-120Hz-HDTV-2.3-ultra-slim-M3D650SV/20461483

Woot! $1099.99 - Refurbished
http://www.woot.com/offers/vizio-65-1080p-3d-led-smart-tv-w-wi-fi-5

We’re looking into it. Good catch, thanks for posting!

UPDATE: It looks like the one from Walmart is only available in select stores. Sorry for the inconvenience. :frowning:

Any opinions on the tilt mount? Will it be difficult for me (a girl, with no muscles) to mount my tv (lg 47lm6700)?

Just thought I’d add in my positive $0.02… I nabbed one of the refurbished 46" LG 1080p 120 Hz LED TVs back in November (2012), mounted it in my garage (Tony Stark wannabe), and have had zero problems with it.

I have one of the hisense 55’s.

Not a bad tv, looks good, sounds is on par with flat panel tvs.

I got mine refurbed at walmart, and had to swap it out because the first one was “blotchy” but the second was awesome.

It did have an issue with my logitech revue (it would resync the hdmi as though I just changed the input randomly) but it doesn’t with my sony GTV.

only real issue I have is no ARC (audio return channel) so I have digital coax out of TV into philips htib

I have tested the netflix and opera browser, but like most smart tvs, the aren’t great to use.

The tilt mount works fine for mounting a TV. However, my complaint is that it is so slim/thin, if you mount any decent sized tv you can’t get more than 2-3 degrees of tilt.

Wal-Mart has a new 50" HiSense LED TV on clearance for $298. I picked one up yesterday. Awesome. Here is the link:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Hisense-50K360G-50-1080p-120Hz-LCD-LED-HDTV/23347322

(Mod’s note: Please do not use affiliate linking programs.)

Just a fair warning (though I don’t see the model in this particular sale, I’ve heard similar experiences with the other models), some of the Vizio’s that Woot is shipping break within minutes of use. My coworker bought the 70" model during the sale 1-2 weeks ago, and within five minutes of turning it on, it would no longer turn on.

I’d seen posts about this in the previous thread, but wanted to keep that information rolling. He’s still working with Woot on what to do, but at this point seems like he might be the one who has to pay shipping just to get it fixed.

Here’s the post where someone experienced near exactly the same thing.

*EDIT: Sounds like he was able to get a refund for it. All my faith are (still) belong to you, Woot.

I recently purchase a samsung 55KS800DFXZA and it had a huge Crack on the screen upon arrival. I am worried if Woot would do anything about this… I hope this is not going to be a dramatic experience that will cause me some sleepless nights…

Oh no! I’m so sorry about your tv. If you haven’t already, please use the Customer Service form for assistance. They should be able to help.