BOC Day: Thursday, 3/11/21

600x200_blogpost-BOC

OK WHAT IS THIS ALL ABOUT?

It’s been a while…on Thursday, March 11, 2021 we’re going to be hiding Bags of Crap (BOCs) in random places across the site. Click here if you wanna see how it went down last time.

WHAT? WHERE? WHEN??

We’re going to post a new link every 15 minutes or so between at 10am CT and 2pm CT in various product writeups, features and specs, and other spots. Each time we do, we’ll add a hint HERE in this post. Once it’s found, we’ll cross it off the list on this post.

Important: DO NOT buy the product on that page. That will not get you a BOC. Look for a text link that takes you to a BOC page. OK? OK!

HOW MANY ARE THERE???

Each link has a couple dozen BOCs available inside.

WHAT IF I GOT A BOC IN THE PAST 31 DAYS?

Can’t get these. Sorry, rules is rules. Let’s spread that crap around!

WHERE DO I LOOK FOR HINTS??? RIGHT HERE:

1. 10:00am: First one’s easy. It’s on the Home Daily Deal (Cuisinart Cast Iron)
2. 10:15am: This one is also on a Daily Deal. Maybe it tastes good? (Apple Cider Gummies)
3. 10:30am: What’s Kraken!? (Shirt Daily Deal)
4. 10:45am: It’s on the current least-expensive item on Woot! (Kid’s Hangers)
5. 11:00am: Yes, this one’s on the Appsclusive deal (Amazon Fire Tablets)
6. 11:15am: On the Open Box Sale page (Open Box sale page, duh)
7. 11:30am: The current SECOND-best-selling product on Woot! (iRobot Roomba Vacuum)
8. 11:45am: Did you know we have Prime-exclusive deals? (Prime Exclusive Deals page)
9. 12:00pm: On the #1 shirt in the Shirt Top 20 (Pretty much exactly that)
10. 12:15pm: Are we really selling an $8K TV? (Samsung QLED Q950T 8K TV)
11. 12:30pm: Toys, Toys, Toys! (The Toys sale page in the Home category)
12. 12:45pm: Go back to the Appsclusive Deal on the app. Look closely. (Fire Tablets, different spot)
13. 1:00pm: This clock is just creepy (Creepy-ass clock in Clearance)
14. 1:15pm: This clue couldn’t BE any clearer (Clear tote bag in Clearance)
15. 1:30pm: This clue makes me wanna puke (Unicorn vomit sweater in Clearance)
16. 1:45pm: Not the hoof pick, but pics of hooves (Horse calendar in Clearance)
17. 2:00pm: Don’t ask @davejlives (Was in his profile page)

ALL CRAPS FOUND, THANKS FOR PLAYING!

If you got one, don’t forget to post your “winnings” here!

38 Likes

:microphone: Why do you build me up Buttercup, baby just to let me down? :notes:

12 Likes

I’m going to try again even with the slowest notifications and purchase delays ever. I still gonna try! For realz!

5 Likes

Oooh a scavenger hunt! Fun.

5 Likes

What if folks actually want the product on the page as opposed to the Boxes Of Cats?

3 Likes

Feel free to start it at 10:30

Dang I got excited for a minute till I saw this post.

2 Likes

I think most everybody sees, on any post, a heart, two links of a chain, a flag, and what kinda looks like a ribbon (?). Click the ribbon and you can set a Woot!-app based “alarm” for just before 10 tomorrow. And I suspect you can make it ring every fifteen or twenty minutes for some period of time (or until you or someone else accidentally crushes your electronic device)… that could be waaay too much focused disappointment for most of us - I hope it lasts…

6 Likes

Done and done.

1 Like

So that is what the ribbon does, never clicked on it before. Thanks for the tip.

2 Likes

It’s been 31 days since February 13th, right? No? Drat!

4 Likes

Ahhh… this is going to be great!

How many people will buy the item then complain it wasn’t a BoC?
  • 1-10
  • 11-20
  • 21+
  • Only 'bots get bocs

0 voters

3 Likes

Considering that the count on my prior post linking to Boxes Of Cats is up to 29 as of this post, I suspect there will be some blind rage over their “accidental” purchase of the actual product.

Then they’ll consider the design on this Bit Of Cotton … until the next time another Book Obstructing Catshirt is offered, that is.

4 Likes

I WANT ONE NOW I DONT WANT TO WAIT THIS SUCKS I WANT A REFUND

3 Likes

I like how they tried to highlight the psa about not buying the item, but yeah. I can only hope there will be BOC pillows.

2 Likes

Don’t forget the coupon.

2 Likes

So excited!!! I haven’t crapped since April 1st 2011.

2 Likes

Out of office reply set: Luch date with VOP please check back tomorrow. People will think this is very important.

4 Likes

@davejlives who’s running this since TT is out?

And since there’s stupid rules about days and 31 of them… can I help people find them?

2 Likes

It’s up to you. I do wonder how many Wooters will click on this link to Barrier Obstructing Cats now …

1 Like