Breville 800CPXL Die-Cast Stainless-Steel Motorized Citrus Press

Breville 800CPXL Die-Cast Stainless-Steel Motorized Citrus Press

I have had and have used this juicer for years. It is used infrequently, but when I do, I juice several hundred limes at a time, then freeze the juice in milk jugs for later use. We use a lot of lime juice. I buy limes when they are cheap at a local farmer’s market, usually 8-10/$1, about once or twice a year, depending on how much is left of our supply

This would be impossible without this Breville Juicer. It works like a champ. Only once during the 15 or more years, I have owned it did it cause me any problems. I striped a plastic gear, but was able to purchase a replacement gear from AppliancePartsPros. Once installed the unit works like new again.

This open box unit from Woot! may not be a good deal. These units are available several places new for ~$130 (without shipping) and used for ~$75. That being said, this is a great juicer for citrus.

I’m not seeing the 800CPXL for $130. I see a different model though.

You are right, TT. What I saw seems to be a plastic cased version of the 800CPXL for ~$130, labeled the model BCP600

So Woot, indeed has a better price for the die cast metal one. However, I suspect that the less expensive model is just as serviceable and if I were to have to replace mine, I would either go for a used model or the BCP600.