Bushnell Image View 8x30 Binocular with 2.1mp Digital Camera

For everyone who is asking about the camera/picture/etc…

The camera sensor (eye) isn’t looking through the optics - think of this unit as a pair of binocs with a low res digital camera (think walmart 19.99 kids digital camera) that is taped to the top of the binocs… - The digital camera is completely seperate from the optics (The camera lens/plastic is in the front on the center body, pointing forward)

The camera does -not- take the same image as what you’re seeing when you’re looking through the optics. It is a wider angle, much lower res picture…

This is the most random woot ive ever seen…hope you have a nice girl to look at with these

Man, I could have used one of these at the Neil Diamond concert I went to tonight. Talk about nosebleed seats! =P

Anyone know if the binocular part is decent? I have an 11 year old son who wants a pair of binoculars for Christmas. He LOVES gadgets and would think having the camera on it is really cool. I don’t mind that the camera part isn’t great as long as the binocualrs are decent.

I have a Bushnell spotting scope with a built in camera. The scope and optics are great, the camera is garbage (worse than a Mustek, if you know what I mean). Similar to what I’m reading about these binocs, the camera was also separate.

The camera is going to be separate in all but the most high-end units like these - the optics necessary to focus something for the eye (which has optics of its own) is quite different from the optics necessary for a camera. It works in a telephoto lens because after exposing the film (okay, so I still think non-digital sometimes), the light goes on through more lenses that focus it for the eye, so any binoculars with a built-in camera would need to have a setup like that with intermediate optics inside in order to actually zoom the image.

Would this make a good gift for a hunter?

In other words, use a digital camcorder with remote on a tripod that’s linked to a laptop to get better quality.

Or buy a high priced set of binocs that will work.

Bush? Why be outside when I can enjoy the luxary and comfort of my own house and look out my window.

no thanks woot

Nope.

Thank you! You just saved me money and also saved me from getting a bad gift.

Its a pair of binoculars with a digital camera mounted in the center. The two systems are totally separate. As one reviewer wrote, the two images (looking through the binoculars vs the camera shot) may not even line up.