California Umbrella 9-ft Patio Umbrellas

California Umbrella 9-ft Patio Umbrellas

3 Likes

Purchased this last summer in Tuscan color (for $5 less), along with 50 lbs stand. Umbrella is easy to set up and down, but shorter people will require a stool to get it up. Fits perfect with the stand. All in all, it is atractive and functional, and I am very happy with both.

5 Likes

Hmmm … picture shows an 8-rib umbrella, but the description says 6 ribs

3 Likes

Oh no, a woke umbrella!

3 Likes

I have to ask… What makes this specifically from California? Can it be from Florida for example?

1 Like

I believe the pictures are wrong. Mine looks identical in every aspect, but it has six (6) ribs like in the descriptin. It is, however a sturdy and well made ambrella. The pin instead of cranking system might be a turn off for some, but there is nothing in it to break or jam. I like it.

4 Likes

I just realised that it looks like I am peddling it. I am not :shushing_face::smiley:, I just like mine.

5 Likes

My previous umbrella had a pull cord to open it. This is missing from this umbrella. How do I open it?

3 Likes

565b3974-0d7e-445a-837b-5af2040efd92

Push the middle piece up until it clears the lock pin hole. Slide the pin into the hole to keep the umbrella open. Pull the pin out of the hole and pull the center piece down to close the umbrella.

3 Likes

Not tall enough to push the middle piece up until it clears the lock pin hole! My previous umbrella had a pull cord to open it. How do I open it?

2 Likes

Turn it upside down?

3 Likes

Use a step stool.

2 Likes

Not convenient or safe.

2 Likes

Perhaps you should have purchased a different style of umbrella. This one is meant to be opened by pushing it up and locking it into place.

2 Likes

Yes. My previous umbrella worked in a similar fashion. This one however does not have a pull cord.
Ha. Are you willing to pack it up and return it for a different style?
I need a solution for this one.

3 Likes

May I suggest you are being a wee bit obtuse? My last car was red, so all cars I buy should be red, according to your logic.

You should contact customer service and return this perfectly servicable umbrella.

2 Likes

Are you willing to pack it up and return it for a different style?
I need a solution for this one.

2 Likes

@ThunderThighs

2 Likes

There are only two solutions:

1. Figure out a way to raise it up high enough as there is no pulley nor was one advertised.
  2. Return it for a refund.

I’ve had this type myself. It’s a struggle the first time or two but it can be done. See if a taller friend or neighbor can help.

3 Likes

Perhaps your misconception of these forums is to be blamed here.

Most of the members discussing the products are shoppers, just like you. Nobody here has any power to solve your problems. Members of Staff join in the disussions when they see a need to provide guidance and answer users questions or concerns. They are always as helpful as they can be, and they are always friendly and respectful.

There is no need to be aggressive and disrespectful. Your “demands” to do as you wish simply cannot be met.

Perhaps you should do more research next time before you buy something online. There is always some risk in it and we need to deal with our own mistakes as best we can.

The Return rules at Woot! are very honest and very generous. Use it.

5 Likes