Can't change defunct email from 6 years ago? [UPDATED W ANSWER]

Hi!

Recently logged into Woot via my Amazon account. Upon logging in, I realized it was connected to an old Woot account I had made ~6 years ago with my old college email address.

I no longer have access to the old email address. I am unable to change the email to my current one after trying for days of different passwords.

Not sure what to do. My current Amazon account has all of my current, up-to-date contact info. But whenever I log in/sign up/link my Amazon account to Woot, it pulls up this old, defunct contact info from years ago that I cannot access.

I have tried sending multiple messages to support, to no avail of course, as they contact you through your account email (which, once again, I do not have access to).

Any advice on how to fix this? I need to change the email address, but don’t know my old woot account info. However, whenever I log in to Woot via my current, up-to-date Amazon account, it automatically links this old email that I cannot change.

Any thoughts or help? Thanks so much!

2 Likes

Replying because I believe I found the answer to my own question, and others may be looking for this answer:

“”

Getting help updating your email address on your Woot! account

So your email address on your Woot! account is an email address you haven’t used in over five years and you don’t remember the password. What ya gonna do? You’re going to contact Woot! Customer Service! They will help you update the email address so you can login in and update your settings. Follow these instructions as you must provide certain information to verify who you are.

Email support@woot.com with the following:

Subject: Help changing my Woot! email address

I need help changing my Woot! email address.

Woot username: the name you see when you log in

Full Name: the name on the account

Old email address: this is the email address you need to change

New email address: this is the email address you now use

Billing Address: For security verification, please give your latest billing address with zip code

Thank you.

“”

From: https://forums.woot.com/t/email-email-have-you-updated-your-email/783117 (scroll down to " Getting help updating your email address on your Woot! account" near the bottom of the page)

3 Likes

The Young Pope GIF

2 Likes

Good thing you made the over 5 year cut-off!

3 Likes