Copper Moscow Mule Mugs - 3 Styles

Previous Offer
Overstock Reviews

If I had a nickle for every lined mug.

Christmas shopping officially begun

I see what you did thur.

I almost bought these but the same set is $25.80 at the mothership w/free shipping. Woot is not the value center it used to be.

If you’re drinking from a nickle-lined mug, it’s not a true Moscow Mule. The whole idea of the copper mug is the flavor change brought on by the reaction between the naked copper and the acidic drink. If you haven’t tried it, please do, it makes a real difference. If you’re drinking from these mugs, you may as well be drinking from a Solo cup as far as taste. It’s pretty, but misses the whole point.

http://www.homewetbar.com/blog/moscow-mule-mugs-copper-mugs-better/

Thank you, I was wondering about the nickel lined part… I am interested in purchasing some REAL cooper mugs and water vessel.

Link?

http://www.amazon.com/Hammered-Copper-Moscow-Handmade-Handle/dp/B00X6A13HK/

[MOD EDIT] Slightly different model. Ours are nickel-lined, not 100% copper.

Unitasker.

In four years, you’ll be able to get a dozen copper mugs for $5 at Goodwill.

Appreciate you sticking up for woot but the NICKLE lined ones are only $20.90 !!!

And that link is for 2oz more (18oz mugs) and choose different seller (Still Prime) and get them for $22.50 and no tax!

bought these before Christmas at AMZ, not nickel lined, for about $30. Real Old Dutch, like these.

Hey, they are nickel lined, but at least they are Old Dutch. Highly recommend the Old Dutch without the nickel plating. Many say that can flake off.

The copper is almost entirely a marketing gimmick. It is true that the mug will be colder and that sensation might be desireable for some people - this will happen almost as well with nickel as copper though. There may be some reaction which copper catalyzes, but I hesitate to trust that link’s grasp of chemistry based on the clear misunderstanding of the thermal transfer involved.

TLDR: Pure copper and plated copper should yield a nearly identical drinking experience.

Acids such as the lime juice in the moscow mule recipe will leach copper from a copper lined mug into your drink. Do you want a metallic taste and to be drinking metallic copper? Um, I don’t think so. That’s why these mugs are often nickel on the inside. Copper is a great conductor, but a really bad idea to come into contact with anything acidic.

Such a bunch of sissy’s these days.

Bring all the original wooters back that know the best tasting drink contains:
(CH3)2C(C6H4OH)2

Can’t chug a good beer without it.