Derby Preview #969: The Nineties!

We haven’t done a good old fashion 90s Derby in a minute! Let’s see some 90s vibes for us old millennials :frowning:

No politics, no war, no cream shirts.
No celebrity likenesses in mockups/detail images.
No GIFs in mockups/detail images
One design per entry.
Up to 4 entries per artist.
No AI-generated art OR mockups.

This Derby begins MONDAY May 6 at 8pm, CST. & ends MONDAY May 13 at 8pm, CST. The three winning designs will be featured as a Daily offer the week the Derby ends. Great designs that don’t win may be included in an Editor’s Choice sale on Friday, so be sure to check back and see who makes the cut!

Please be sure to have your artwork ready to submit with your entry as part of the new submission process!

If you want to submit any off-topic designs, submit here!

If you are new to the derby and want to participate, WELCOME! Also, in addition to the rules above please check out our content guidelines here so you know what works and what doesn’t over here at Woot!

You can also download updated templates for your artwork over here . Happy designing!

1 Like

Animated GIF

ETA: replied to wrong comment. Deleted.

It’s been forever since I’ve entered a derby. I tried downloading the templates but my old nearly-busted program won’t open them. Mostly I just wanted to know what shirt colors are still used. I found a post that listed all the colors shirts have ever been printed on but didn’t know if all those colors applied to derby entries. Can anybody provide any clarification? Thanks!

You can see all the colors Woot currently prints on if you search the catalog by color- here’s one example page Shirt.Woot Catalog (on the right column towards the bottom, you can click other colors to search with)

All of those colors are able to be used in the derby, except for Cream (that’s why the first rule of the derby above says no cream shirts)

Hope that helps!

2 Likes

not an artist but i think this still applies: A Breakdown of Available Colors For Each Woot! Shirt Apparel Type

2 Likes

It does! Thank you!

Thank you!

OK, I’m feeling dumb BUT - I’m having trouble with the submission. I click on the submit new design and no problem, but when I try to do the same for the derby I wind up in an endless loop of doom with no way to submit other than to the staff picks. Can someone provide a link to submit to the derby only? Thanks in advance. :slight_smile:

If you are trying to submit to The Nineties derby, it isn’t currently open- this derby starts at 8PM CST on Monday night.

The current derby is the Pet Love derby, which you can submit to here: https://shirt.woot.com/derby/upload

If you are having trouble submitting, check your files and make sure they’re the correct sizes.

2 Likes