Do you like family reunions?

Are you ok @wootbot ?

3 Likes

Why are you dumping on NFTs? Youd be amazed what they will be used for.

3 Likes

Fast And Furious Family GIF by The Fast Saga

5 Likes

Never had one even if you were to count just my immediate family (parents and siblings). Mom died in 2020 and some didnā€™t even show up to her ā€œliving memorialā€ before she passed.

2 Likes

Whatā€™s this ā€œFamily Reunionā€ of which you speak?

2 Likes

Depends on whose family.

3 Likes

Your story is almost identical to mine. Starting in the 1960s, if not before, one side of my family met sporadically. Beginning in 1976, we met annually for 40 years. The number of attendees rapidly grew to about 250, but slowly dwindled to about 80, which most people still consider pretty high. Although the passing of the primary organizer was significant, the continued movement of our society away from being ā€œothers-centricā€ is the biggest driver. Good or bad, Iā€™m glad I was taught to always make time for family.

4 Likes

Think the only family reunion i have ever been to were funerals

4 Likes

Iā€™ve got to go to one this year and Iā€™ve been trying to figure out ways out of it. Maybe I should catch covid again? I only know like, three people from this side of the family, not particularly interested in meeting everyone. All the family I do wanna see are staying home with their young kids.

2 Likes

Couldnt agree with u more. I know there r those with bad / boken families, and i :pray: 4 them they someday / somehow get family connections going. Theres nothing like gathering with family 4 good times. And yes, u will always have interactions that may b challenging, but overall, good memories. And like u, out of big family of over 100 now down 2 like 20 - 30, mostly neices and nephews, on my moms side. Now on my hubby side, still very active get togethersā€¦and all the xā€™s and their kids come 2ā€¦it is a delight

4 Likes

B the glue and get them 2gether, and get 2 know those u dont know. It is refreshing! Even like 4 us, we r old and the majority r younger whippersnappers, its fun!

5 Likes

I do like family reunions since my family is scattered all around the county and there arenā€™t many of us left.
tumblr_fc6f863f952a327806d5fcfa7579a088_3f612ea3_540

4 Likes

Huh yeah, I guess family reunions arenā€™t as big as they used to be. I was born in 71, and we went to a yearly FR every year at a lake in Northern Utah where my Momā€™s family owned a little stretch of beachfront property. It was a whole thingā€¦ weā€™d camp for 3 days, compete in kid games, have a sand castle contest, there was a family auction, and my Momā€™s uncle that worked for Meadow Gold parked his truck between two of the cabins with a big freezer in the back full of popsicles and ice cream bars. Those reunions are one of my best memories as a kid.

4 Likes

You can pick your friends but not your family.

3 Likes

I have heard about big families that can all get along. I have just never seen one with my own eyes.

3 Likes