Good Ideas Compost Wizard Jr.

Time to check out the product page and OK reviews (3.3 out of 5.0) over at Homedepot.com
[youtube=-cvp0yBIbLU][/youtube]

[Preview 1][Preview 2]
http://d3gqasl9vmjfd8.cloudfront.net/faa76ec6-e9bc-4299-9a24-3783cfe6dc0e.jpg

Good Ideas Compost Wizard Jr.
Price: $79.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 3-5 business days (Monday, Mar 24 to Thursday, Mar 27) + transit
Condition: New

[http://www.wootstalker.com/images/buy.png

Buy It](Good Ideas Compost Wizard Jr.) [http://www.wootstalker.com/images/amazon.png

Search Amazon](http://www.amazon.com/s/?field-keywords=Good Ideas Compost Wizard Jr.) [http://www.wootstalker.com/images/google.png

Search Google](Good - Google Shopping Ideas Compost Wizard Jr.)

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
2/9/2014 - $79.99 - 14 comment(s)
12/24/2013 - $79.99 - 9 comment(s)
9/14/2013 - $79.99 - 17 comment(s)

Good reviews from Walmartians

I got this the last time it was on Woot. Nice build quality and actually quite large.

We own two of these. Love 'em! We own two because it is easy to keep one “brewing” while we fill the other one up. Once we have good dirt from one, we dump that into our garden and then the roles are switched… that one becomes our “dump” while the other is left to compost. If you add fresh scraps to the compost, you essentially have to start all over with the timing, so it helps to have two bins to allow for the ability to have one active for new waste while the other is composting.

All that said… great units.

If you get one, put it up on cinder blocks. Makes it easier to empty. Just put a bucket in front and spin to dump it out. Otherwise emptying it is a PIA.

I bought a smaller unit (6.5 cubic ft.) from here almost one year ago and have had it in full production ever since. It is so much easier than my older, static, 24 cubic ft. one that requires a shovel/fork to turn the contents and empties from the bottom. I now use that one for storage of the finished product. As noted from other posts, raise it up for easier access/dumping. Mine also holds the “tea” in the base which is like manna from heaven for plants. If you want to keep it free from nasty bugs, avoid fatty proteins including meats and dairy.

I’m concerned about rodents chewing through it. Thoughts?

I bought this a while back from Woot and am very happy with it. Works great. After you get a batch of compost, dont’ empty it, leave a little in to accelerate the next batch. I put all my lawn and garden clippings in it and kitchen scraps. My plants love it!

Optimally you won’t be putting anything in there that’s too appealing to rodents in the first place. In general, you don’t want to put any animal products in a composter this size. Animal products and plant matter that’s too fibrous (like an ear of corn) won’t get composted any time soon anyway.

Compost Wizard Jr. was the most picked on kid at Hogwarts. :slight_smile:

Bought it last time it was on here, and it’s fantastic. A lot larger than I anticipated, which is a good thing for me. No issues with rodents (someone asked above), turns easily, even when full. Looking forward to using the compost for my plants this summer

Hi, Is anyone else having issues processing payments on Woot? I just tried to purchase this composter with my VISA, and I am getting a payment denied message. I checked my BOA Account and it is being charged and then refunded right away. I called my bank and they said there was no issue on my end. They stated that Woot’s bank is denying the funds. What gives? Any ideas? I’d really like to take advantage of this deal. Thanks for any help. Jason

Sorry you’re having trouble. Are you using a computer or mobile device? Have you tried another device? Have you tried a different browser or clearing your current browser’s cache?

I was using Firefox. I just tried in IE and got the same message. I also tried a different VISA card from another bank and I am still getting the payment denied message. Is anyone aware of an issue with Woot’s checkout system today? Thanks again for your help.

I honestly wish I could afford one of these at the moment. I spend every waking moment trying to improve the world we live in.

As a PhD level chemist, I have developed new technologies to extract the metals from the earth that are used to power and color the devices we use every day. I continue to make progress towards technology that will make it possible to have a flat rate for electricity every month, as well as to have clean drinking water and sufficient fertilizer to supply all 7 billion people in the world.

Jeez, I’m really sorry you’re still having trouble. Have you tried another device like a tablet or smartphone using the mobile version of the site? I haven’t seen any other reports.

Anyone receive their composter yet? I am still waiting for it to be shipped. My account has already been charged for the item. Just wondering if they exist or not.

I’m sorry, I’m not sure what’s up with your order. If you haven’t already, please email support@woot.com so we can help you figure that out!