Google Pixel (Verizon and GSM)(S&D)

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4][Preview 5][Preview 6][Preview 7]

Google Pixel (Verizon and GSM)(S&D)
Price: $279.99 - 329.99
Shipping Options:: $5 Standard (Free with Prime)
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 1-2 business days (Monday, Feb 26 to Tuesday, Feb 27) + transit
Condition: Refurbished

[http://www.wootstalker.com/images/buy.png

Buy It](Google Pixel (Verizon and GSM)(S&D)) [http://www.wootstalker.com/images/amazon.png

Search Amazon](http://www.amazon.com/s/?field-keywords=Google Pixel (Verizon and GSM)(S+%26D)) [http://www.wootstalker.com/images/google.png

Search Google](Google - Google Shopping Pixel (Verizon and GSM)(S+%26D))

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
12/28/2017 - $349.99 - 449.9
11/24/2017 - $329.99 - 429.9

2/2/2018 - $349.99 (Woot Plus)
2/2/2018 - $349.99 (Woot Plus)
1/26/2018 - $349.99 (Woot Plus)

Before anyone asks:

Yes. You can use it on any US carrier (CDMA or GSM).

No. You cannot unlock the bootloader (and root the phone or apply a custom ROM).

Google has said that the Pixel and the Pixel XL, which were released in 2016, will get the latest Android updates until October 2018. They’ll get security updates until October 2019, the same month Google will stop providing customer service for them.

Does this phone work with Google Fi?

I am tempted but am going to pass. I bought a refurbished S7 from Woot some time back. It works fine, except that it really had been used for two years by someone already. The buttons are worn and worse the battery only lasts a few hours. It is a shame that Samsung and Google have gone down the no replaceable batteries road.

No MicroSD slot, so the memory isn’t expandable. A good reason to take a pass on this one.

You’re going to be passing on pretty much every phone these days

Yes. The only difference between the Verizon version and one bought directly from Google is the Verizon version has a locked bootloader, or basically no root and no ROMs.

This was the first gen phone and if I recall the reviews trashed the camera on this phone. The 2nd gen no longer has the 3.5mm audio jack

Yes.

I had one of these and returned it. Mine ran hot as hell (the sim card area felt like white hot point when I held it) and while the experience overall was OK I didn’t feel it was worth the price point for the average user. IIRC it also has had hardware issues that have been corrected in the latest model.

I have this phone and love it, bought it new and have been using it on Project Fi which is a great cheap but awesome cell phone service. Highly recommended, we’ll likely buy another one to add her to my plan as well

I recall the opposite, the camera was competitive with the best in class for the year of release. My wife has one and it takes great pics.

This is less than half the cost of a brand new Pixel with 128 GB storage (not a Pixel 2), so a pretty good price on one if the refurbish has been done well.

As I recall, a Pixel with that amount of storage from Google is around $650 and a Pixel 2 runs between $750 and $800. I’ll let you do the math and decide for yourself whether or not this is a good deal. The biggest improvement in the Pixel 2 is probably around the camera provided you’re okay with giving up the earpiece jack, but you do get a 2yr warranty and the latest OS.

As always there’s a risk when you purchase a refurb.

Project FI phones for CDMA use ONLY Sprint and US Cellular bands. Wife has been using the Nexus 5x since they started up. So, this phone will use GSM on TMO since Sprint/USCell do not use GSM, you are stuck with TMO’s GSM network. As far as LTE data on CDMA, you are out of luck.
Pixel for VZW uses bands 7, 12, 17, 25, 26, 29 30

FWIW, I jumped ship from Sprint to TMO. My Samsung S7 worked fine for GSM but LTE data did not. Though the band was supported, TMO’s and Sprint were different is such a way LTE data on my phone did not work in my area. So, if you can live with slower data speeds, this phone will work on 3G but not LTE unless you are on Verizons network.

Ive never bought a scratch and dent item from woot. Can anyone tell me based on experience how scratched and dented they can be? Thinking about this for my mother in-law who wants a good off contract phone. I owned one before upgrading to the Pixel 2 XL and loved it.

I have owned the Pixel for over a year and the camera is absolutely stunning. Not sure where you got this information from.

This will possibly get security updates for longer. The minimum is October 2019. Google is still selling this phone on it’s store. The phone will get updates for atleast 18 months after it is being sold at the Google store.

I can’t tell you about their electronics but I bought a few other refurb items with mixed results. An espresso maker came repackaged and looked ok but smelled like sour milk and I never got that smell to go away. It was the victim of a flood before I could really get some good use out of it.

I have a refurb Dyson that I love. It was so much cheaper than a brand-new version and worked just as well. I’ve had it for years and it’s still going strong.