Gotham Steel Hammered 10 Piece Cookware Set

Gotham Steel Hammered 10 Piece Cookware Set

Does this work well with electric stove? Not the metal coil type, but the glass counter type of stove with red glowing surface.

Next up, the Gotham Steel Plastered 10-piece Cookware Set, better for cooking with alcohol.

1 Like

Hammered steel with Aluminum core heat spreader… Yes, they should work with conventional electric stoves (and the glass topped ones too.) But it probably will not work with the induction ranges as the bottom of these are non-magnetic. That means I will have to pass on these. (Not a Woot!, but Gotham Steel does make some induction friendly frying pans for sale on Amazon of course !)

According to Amazon: Cook Top Safe. Compatible with all cooktops including, gas, electric and induction and is oven safe up to 550°F.

You mean an induction burner.

I don’t have an answer for you tho although they should work being steel and all. I just wanted to show off my knowledge of commercial kitchen equipment.

Edit: induction burners are typically standalone units that are plugged into a 110v outlet. The glass top ranges are 4-5 burner built-in appliances. Here is a description:

The principal difference between ceramic and induction cooktops is how they create heat. Ceramic cooktops contain coiled metal elements under the tempered ceramic glass . … Induction cooktops remain cooler during the cooking process, the ceramic top only heats from residual pan heat and loses heat quicker once turned off.

According to a few recent reviews, they don’t work with induction cooktops despite what the advertising says. If all I had was an induction cooktop, I’d probably steer clear.